Help! Lost "Herts churches" folder on My Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Lost "Herts churches" folder on My Pictures

I download my photos from my Olympus camera using the Olympus software, and then I copy the ones I want to load onto here into a "Herts churches" folder in "My Pictures".

This morning I decided that I was fed up with the "Herts churches" folder being at the bottom of the My Pictures page, so I dragged it up to the top and released, hoping that it would go to the top of the page for easy access.

It has totally disappeared! :( Help, please! Where could it have gone?
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

It sounds like you may have dragged it into a different folder. Have you checked other folders in My Pictures, or even elsewhere in My Documents or My Computer?
    Sarah

Comment

Sarah, I have been searching for it, but with no luck so far. This is where I find that the workings of my computer are a total mystery to me. :o
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Hi Elizabeth,

If you know the name of atleast one of the files you can do a search, this will tell you which folder it is in.

Also check your Recycle Bin ...... Just in case.

Michael

Comment

What about searching for the folder or a file in it using Windows Explorer?

In Vista you just click the start button and enter a word over Start Search in the box at the bottom.

In XP I think you click on Start and then Search. For more info see: How To Search for Files and Folders in Windows XP

EDIT: snap, Michael! You beat me to it. :D
          Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah.

Most camera's name photo's as P123345 (or something like that) It's normally a P , so try searching for P* and see what comes up.

Michael

Comment

Thanks for all your help - much appreciated!

I have found the file in "My recent documents" and I have copied it back onto My Pictures, so panic over!
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:

Comment

Phew! Glad you found your folder again Elizabeth!
                Sarah

Comment

Thanks, Sarah! There are months of work there!
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:

Comment

Great news Elizabeth.

Comment

Working...
                    X