Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO question

Hello

I ordered 3 certs from the GRO and the 1st one i ordered came and then i ordered 2 the next day and one has arrived a few days ago.

What would be the reasons that although i ordered on the same day only one has arrived so far?

Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

They don't deal with your order all at once and it depends on which films they need to get to copy the cert.

So if you want something on a film that's in demand you might have to wait for it. That's why they don't hold up your certs but send them as soon as they've completed them.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Danny - I also get mine in dribs and drabs, despite the fact they were all ordered as a batch at the same time. Maddening, though!

The other thing that drives me crazy is that they are now folded in half, and not posted in foolscap sized envelopes any more. Not a lot to ask for, in my opinion, as we pay enough for the blinkin' things as it is.......

Chris

Comment

Some of us are still grieving over the lost opportunity to be able to download the certs like you can on Scotlands People. Sob!

Comment

*OC appears waif-like,in widows weeds and black veil from head to foot, waves sadly at Nell and the ghost of GRO downloadable certs*

OC

Comment

*passes black-edged handkerchief, pulls down own veil*

Comment

Cheers for the replys, i thought they may have forgotten me.

Ive ordered more since and wondered if that may come sooner.

Danny

Comment

Danny

If you ordered them on line, then that is an automated system and the computer generates a "pick list" according to the reel of film each event is on.

So one clerk might get all the 1878 1b orders and another might get all the 1906 8b orders. It makes for more efficient working for them, but if you ordered 6 different certs, then six different clerks might process them.

It is much easier for the GRO to send the certs out individually as it would be a nightmare to try to collate the orders and send them in one envelope.

Yet another reason I always use the local office if I can! They do not have the volume of orders to deal with and they are not automated, they are real people, getting the registers down off the shelf, and (generally) taking an interest in what they are doing, rather than working to a time schedule.

OC

Comment

I've only dealt with one local RO recently. That was when the GRO had mis-indexed someone as an S instead of an L. The local RO confirmed they had the right death, from info. I provided. They were most apologetic that they couldn't scan the register, because they didn't have a scanner!

BTW, as has been discussed before, certs. come folded because otherwise they would be Large Letters and would cost more to post.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thankyou OC

If i can im going to try and order from the local RO's from now on.
                    The reason i dont is that some wont take payments over the phone and say i should write in and send money, seems simpler to pay online.

Danny

Comment

Sorry to go on but as i ordered the cert on the 2nd of july does anybody think its been a wee bit long?
                      I cant seem to find the despatch date.

Danny

Comment

Danny you said the orders were in a seperate folder?

I ordered one on the 2nd and its just this sec come..

]

Comment

Hey Denise

I checked my paypal folder and its just the receipts i can find, i cant find the despatch date.

Danny

Comment

I always print the order off as you need it in case one goes astray..hope you find it!

I doubt if the dates will be on a paypal receipt..just the amount you paid and date you ordered.

]

Comment

Just looked on mine..It doesent say!

Transaction details:

Transaction for the value of: GBP 7.00 Description: ONS Basket From: GRO Internet Payments Merchant's cart ID: ******* Authorisation Date/Time: 09/Jul/2008 17:56:52 WorldPay's transaction ID: ********This is not a tax receipt. We have processed your payment.

]

Comment

Snap, mine says exact same thing.

Danny

Comment

Print the order out in future lol

]

Comment

Working...
                                  X