can i defrag my daughters computer,she is on holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i defrag my daughters computer,she is on holiday

im house sitting;),the 2 older grandsons have downloaded all sorts on it and i cant get the pages to go quick,:(there taking ages to change,grandson did half yesturday but then shut the computer down before it finished,he is out till 8.im a guest on the computer so it wont let me do it that way,is there any way i can do it other than the grandson at 8 im frustrated at the lengh its taking to change,i have done the temp files,brenda;) xxx

Don't be offended Bren, but I would be horrified if someone fiddled with my computer. I don't even allow OH to get near it!
    I think it best left alone.
    Elaine

Comment

she doesnt mind when i come im always sorting what the grandsons have done,i tried to talk her through it when she was here by phone and she couldnt do it.the grandsons hog it and download a lot of rubbish on it.i know she would be ok over it,she has just started learning the computer.brenda xxxx

Comment

To be honest Bren, if the grandsons download a lot of rubbish, then the best thing to do would be to remove the unwanted programs first, and then defrag.
        It is probably the rubbish causing problems rather than needing a defrag.

Have you done a virus scan on it just in case they have downloaded a virus which is slowing up the machine.
        Elaine

Comment

no but i will,they have norton so i will do that now,one grandson downloads music,he has over a hundred contacts in his messenger .i wouldnt remove what they have done,when i try to defragg it says i cant as im a guest even though i go through my daughters sign in brenda xxx

Comment

everything ok i did a scan and all is ok brenda xxx

Comment

I guess the grandsons need their own computer!
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i know,im now home and on mine and bt are playing up with my hub ,hope your all well brenda xxx

Comment

Hi,

Check out a program called CCleaner. Google it. it works great and gets rid of the files not needed on your computer.

Comment

Working...
                  X