Another FTM 2006 question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another FTM 2006 question?

Is there a way of highlighting some of the names in FTM 2006 and 2008?

Cheers
    Malcolm

If you mean in the actual program when you are entering data, then I think the answer is no.

However, if you want to highlight something when you are doing genealogy reports then the easiest way to do it is to copy the report in to Word, or a similar program, and then format as you want.

Prepare your genealogy report in FTM, then go to EDIT - COPY GENEALOGY REPORT - and then paste into Word.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks for the reply Elaine.

What I am trying to do is to highlight some names, dates or POB (in family view) that I’m not 100% sure of and send it to my cousin for him to verify.

Changing the text colour or anything to have it stand out will work.

There is a drop down format menu in 2006 but it’s grayed out and I’m not sure how to use it.

Cheers
      Malcolm

Comment

The drop down menu from the Format tab is for formatting reports or charts, not for changing fonts or colours on the screen.
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine, I will have to go to plan 2, as soon as I think of one.

Cheers
          Malcolm

Comment

Does it help if you do a genealogy report, which you can then copy and paste into Word - and highlight whatever you want.
            Elaine

Comment

Elaine, I just did a quickie report and it’s going to work out OK. Thanks again.

Malcolm

Comment

Working...
              X