Question about Google searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Google searches

Not sure if this is the right place but I have a minor problem.

Of late I have been getting loads of calls from people wanting to speak to a local convenience store. Now if you Google the shop name it comes up with a heading local convenience stores covering Newquay but........ the phone number that shows is mine then another store and the one they want is next but to see the number you have to drill down?? is that the right terminology???

Who would you contact to stop this happening or do you think I can?

Any advice gratefully received.

This would appear to be a fault with BT or the provider. Have you checked the telephone directory to see if your number is linked to the store? You can do this on line via BT Home Page if you are with them as a customer.

I am not meaning to be offensive but you did ask if the word 'drill' is correct I personally would use the word scroll.
    Last edited by Margaret N; 11-07-08, 23:52.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

It's not a google problem. Google are merely finding what is on the net with an incorrect number. It might be incorrect in the phone directory or incorrect when put onto the website.

Is there a contact e-mail on the website that you could use?
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thankyou both it does not appear to be a wrong number problem more the way the results are presented on the search page. At first glance it appears to be the number of the premises searched for, only if you look more closely do you realise that it is in fact a piece of text with numbers, and the one they want is further on than you can see (if that makes any sense at all).

None taken Margaret I wasn'y sure of the correct word in this instance.
        Nell there is once you actually get to the site that may be worth a shot.

Comment

I would still contact my telephone provider as it sounds as if it may just be the format that they use that is causing the confusion.
          I have a newish mobile phone that will be on its way out when I have used up the credit. When I look at the Contacts the name is at the top of the screen and the number highlighted further down with others in between. O2 I am on the way back to you and a new phone.
          Margaret N
          DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Finally got back (work not site) to say I rang the actual site that the google search points you to. Apparently they have no control as to how Google choose to show the text a person sees, but after a discussion with the very helpful chap, my listing will be deleted as it really does not fit into the category it's under anyway. So all being well after next week no more phone calls re said store.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X