Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I have just lost all my email

I was deleting an email I didn't want ......................and they have all gone

Is there away of getting them back, this is my hotmail account

Thanks
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

First look in you Delete File (or Bin) in Hotmail as I understand it you get a second bite at the cherry to confirm that you wish to empty the delete box.
    I do not use Hotmail so am not up to date with it but I found that when helping a friend with a similar problem when we logged on again it was all safe.
    Try and recall it from the Archive (not sure of the actual words they use in Hotmail).
    I save all my mail in seperate folders so hopefully you will not loose more than one folder.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

look in the 2 boxs under your in box they will be there brenda xxx in your trash or spam
      Last edited by Guest; 12-07-08, 14:38.

Comment

Thanks Margaret and Brenda

I looked in the delete box and they are not there or in junk they have just disappeared:(

Comment

have you any other mail account i have 3 yahoo,messenger,outlook,so i get them in all 3 brenda xxx

Comment

No I don't Brenda, think I will just have to let go and hope my contacts contact me again

Comment

Two last ideas. Leave the net on and reduce the screen. Go to the M/S football or start button click and when the big list appears showing Documents, Pictures, Control Panel etc. Go to Search (in Vista and Find in XP or other). Type a contact name in - not the email address ie. 'Ann' press search and you may be lucky and see what has happened to the file which will give you a start.
              If all else is lost why not contact Hotmail Support they maybe able to help but don't leave it too long.
              Margaret N
              DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Chrissy, it may be a glitch with hotmail as I've been having problems too.

I put all my messages from contacts into folders for the name of the family I'm researching and have quite a few folders. But now it won't let me open any of them.:( The only folder I can open is my in box. Not sure if it's my computer or hotmail that's causing the problem.

I did e-mail hotmail but never received a reply. So I set up a new e-mail account with yahoo.

It doesn't solve your problem, but wondered if it's 'them' rather than 'us'
                Sue

Comment

Working...
                X