can you answer 2 Questions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you answer 2 Questions Please

Hi, I am trying to find out if any one can make a guess at the age a 'Social Worker " would be in 1942 .I don't know if Miss D worked for Church or State but she worked in Croydon , :o The next is I know that there were no electoral roll during the war, but what was the year they stopped and then started Please
    Thank you
    Sheila walking cat.gif
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

The period when there was no register was 1940-1944, according to a book I have.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Not what you've asked, but if Miss D lived in Croydon, the local studies library has an excellent run of directories plus burgess rolls for odd years.
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Sorry phoenix, but I have never heard to the Burgess rolls, what are they ????
        Sheila

Comment

Croydon is a borough, so there were borough as well as national elections. I've seen the books in Croydon Local STUDIES for the early 1900s, but can't remember how long that went on.
          Phoenix - with charred feathers
          Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

thanks
            Sheila

Comment

Working...
            X