Any ideas on this PR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on this PR.

Just cleaning up my info a bit, and unlike my usual problem of having people who never die, I've found a burial without a birth LOL.

What I have is from the Parish Register at Plymouth RO, and they look for the birth for me.

Baptism.....Sarah Tracy Huband 11-7-1819. I have her up till her death.

Baptism......William Henry Scobel Huband 26-5-1822.
    Burial........William Henry Scobel Huband age 10 months 20-3-1823.

Baptism......William Henry Morgan Huband 21-3-1824. I have him till his death in 1905.

Baptism........John Scobel Huband 18-9-1831.
    Burial...........John Scobel Huband age 3 months 12-12-1831.

Baptism........John James Huband 6-1-1833. He's my gg grandfather and I have him till his death.

Now also they found:

Burial........ John James Huband age 3 years 2-8-1831.

I cannot find any baptism for this John.
    They all have the same parents and it was the only family I've found in that area with that name. Father (William) was in the Royal Marines.
    I have his full service record and can't find anywhere else he could have been, except one trip to his home in Warwickshire.
    I've looked there on IGI but can't find anything.

Any ideas on where I might look.

I suppose these are the possibilities:

He wasn't baptised
    He was baptised in the same parish church but it wasn't recorded in the PRs
    He had a home baptism but it wasn't recorded in the PRs
    He was baptised in a different parish, a record of which you haven't yet found
    He was baptised in a different parish but it wasn't recorded in the PRs

Are there any BTs for the parish in question? My 3xg-grandfather is in the BTs but not the PRs!

Comment

Never thought of BTs. Wonder if the people at the records office would have looked at those?

I did ask at LDS, but they don't have many Devon records at all.

Comment

Devon doesn't let LDS have their church records, which is a bummer.

Plymouth in the 1830s would have been bursting with people and with places of worship. A smart new chapel may have opened, the baby was baptised there.

I don't like that 7 year gap. Was the father at sea ALL that time? Or might there be other births for children who died, or are in service by 1841?
        Phoenix - with charred feathers
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Phoenix...the burial fits nicely as that baby would have been born in 1828 so onlu a couple of years between most of them. The father was away a lot back and forth to Bumuda, and elsewhere. The father died in 1833, when the youngest was two months old.

The mother came from Ugborough, and I just found they have a different RO to Plymouth, so will try there.

Comment

Ooh, I've been to Ugborough! Lovely church. Exeter would have the records.
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

OK....so is Exeter different to Devon for records?

All the above ones are from Plymouth and West Devon RO.
              I really need a trip to England LOL.

Comment

Exeter is THE record office for Devon, but Plymouth holds a lot of records local to Plymouth.

Comment

Thanks Phoenix.....think I've sorted it.

Devon Records Office which is in Exeter holds the Ugborough records.

Last time I used Plymouth and West Devon RO fro East Stonehouse records.

I'll email the lot at Exeter.

Comment

Harry's Mum,
                    William huband emigrated to New Zealand with his family, the first child dying at sea.
                    I have included Williams descendants on my tree on Genes Reunited. I did recieve the details from a lady in New Zealand who is also on Genes - perhaps a search there will help. If I can provide more details please ask.
                    Derek Huband

Comment

Derek.

My William (baptised 1788 Arrow Warwickshire) joined the Royal Marines and married in Plymouth. He died in East Stonehouse 1833.
                      I have his children, only three survived to adulthood and Sarah died not too long after her marriage.
                      His son, William, born 1824 lived all his adult life in London and died there.

His son, James John (John) was my gg grandfather. He came to Australia in the 1850s with his wife and young son (who died at sea).
                      John was a stone mason and has some beautiful churches he built still standing here.

I know there is a New Zealand branch but I've never been able to track them to my lot originally from Arrow. I have seen a few websites with the Arrow family but couldn't quite get them sorted, so haven't got a lot further.

I was just happy to find my William's birthplace from his RM records, thanks to Kevin Asplin.

I'd love to find more if you can push me in the right direction.

I've also tried to track the London lot forward but haven't got any further than the 1901 census and some later BDMs.

Comment

Working...
                      X