Printing genealogy report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing genealogy report

Is there any way I can print a genealogy report with mirror margins, so that I can print the odd pages then the even pages. I want to put it into a book with a wider margin to bind.

Thanks
    Jean

Sorry .... I mean to print on both sides of the paper.
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

I think you have to set it up in your printer preferences.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

That's what I've been looking for Wendy .... but I can't find it.

I think I'm going to have to print it ...scan it ....then sort it out...which is a bit of a hassle in picture form.

I'll have another look round my print options ... I manage to do it OK in Word.... oh heck!!

Thanks Jean

Comment

As Wendy said, it should be in your printer options/preferences/properties. I can get to my printer properties in the following ways:

In Word, click on File > Print > Properties.
        In FTM, click on File > Print Setup > Options.

Then for my printer (Canon MP800), in Printer Properties I can click on Page Setup and then select Duplex Printing and can select the Staple Side and Specify Margins as necessary.
        But the options available to you will depend on what printer you have.
        Last edited by Cloggie; 11-07-08, 05:28.
        Sarah

Comment

What family history program are you using?

If you are using Family Tree Maker, then prepare your genealogy report on the screen, go to EDIT, and select COPY GENEALOGY REPORT.

You can then open WORD and paste it in - where of course you can add a bit of colour to things if you want to and amend your margin set up to print with mirror margins.

I can also do it directly through FTM as Cloggie has explained (for an Epsom R300)
          Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 11-07-08, 05:38.
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks Wendy, Cloggie and Elaine .... sorry for the delay .... I forget to keep checking the thread.....

Just sorted it now ..... go into file ... export genealogy report to rich text format .... it gives three options acrobat (pdf), plain text(txt) and word processor (rtf)..... the word processor comes out rich text format in Word ....and it's perfect......

thanks very much ..... got there in the end ......

I didn't have that option Cloggie, with my epson

Thanks again
            Jean
            Last edited by Jean and Tonic; 13-07-08, 19:24.

Comment

Working...
            X