Zonealarm Help Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zonealarm Help Please.

I have just put my computer on, Zonealarm usually asks me if i will accept internet access, google etc, but tonight it kept saying the Firewall was blocking me and i couldnt get on the internet. In the end i had to remove Zonealarm alltogether so i could get access

If i download it again, will i still get the same problem

Or any advice please to keep me safe. I have Free AVG and havent had any problems before.

Thankyou ;)
    Jacky

Hi Jacky, you may want to read this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7499260.stm

Comment

Jacky, at 1:15pm bt internet announced that a new windows update had created a problem with zonealarm, to correct it you must get rid of update number KB951748.

To do this go into windows explorer then to C:\Windows where you will see the uninstall numbers, find kb951748, double click on it and find the application file and double click, that should do it

Comment

Thankyou, John and Pilgrim !!

I have just got rid of the windows update by going through the add/remove programms - is this alright ?? If it is, can i now download the Zonealarm again please..........

Sorry, i am not at all clever with computers.
        Jacky

Comment

Jacky, you should be OK, give it a try

Comment

Thanks Pilgrim,

Would you have the link to do this please, i have just googled, but there are so many of them................what am i like :D
            Jacky

Comment

Jacky, It would appear that their website is overloaded, not surpringly, I can only suggest that you try googling "free download zonealarm"

Comment

Will keep trying that...........

Many Thanks :D
                Jacky

Comment

Jacky, go to http:\\FileHippo.com - Download Free Software you need to download zonealarm 7.0.473.o

Comment

Downloaded your link Pilgrim.

Feel safer now........

Many Thanks :D
                    Jacky

Comment

I have the paid for zonealarm suite (though I got it free ) Apparently they have now sorted the problem.

Comment

Heather they have not sorted it , I just got the updates again and the same thing happened no internet access , I had to do a system restore again.

Comment

Working...
                        X