looking for a marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a marriage

I am looking for the marriage date for John Laccohee and Jane Gooch in Norwich, Norfolk, England. I have the births of their 11 children, but I cannot find any other info on John or Jane. I thought I had Jane's birth in Nov 1774 but then I found her death. Help please

Do you have some dates for the births of the children, so we know roughly which decade we are looking for?
    Elaine

Comment

Elizabeth was born in 1809 and the last was born in 1831

Comment

Would you like me to change the title of your thread to "Looking for a Norfolk marriage".

I am sure someone has a CD of Norfolk marriages and they may be able to help you.
        Elaine

Comment

This looks like it (FreeREG):

Search Record Details
          County Norfolk
          Place Norwich
          Church St Edmunds
          RegisterNumber 220
          MarriageDate 08 Jun 1807
          GroomForename John
          GroomSurname LACKCOE
          GroomParish St Edmunds
          BrideForename Jane
          BrideSurname GOOTCH
          BrideParish St Edmunds
          WitnessOneForename John Steward
          WitnessOneSurname BELL
          WitnessTwoForename Jacob
          WitnessTwoSurname SHEARING
          Notes Groom signed with an X; Bride signed with a X; Banns; Ceremony performed by Thos BECKWITH Rector
          FileNumber 514

Comment

Tuts! After Phoenix finding some Norfolk stuff on there for Debbie yesterday, I looked on there! Didn't realise there was an alternative spelling. :(
            Elaine

Comment

Thanks Merry, I've been looking on reg but neglected to check the soundex. Now maybe I can get back further, I'm still looking for their birth dates and parents names

Comment

My first thought was that the name was foreign. Googling threw up a useful website from someone who claims to have extracted all the Norwich references. It looks as if it was a weaving family from Wallonia. There is a famous Walloon church in Norwich.

Noah has at least one will, but nobody useful is mentioned. NOAH - Norfolk Online Access to Heritage - Powered by DScovery
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Working...
                X