help please on my holder line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please on my holder line

looking for edward holder born im not sure of his birthabout 1779/1800gloucestershire. he was the father of joseph holder born 1829/30 stroud died 1896 leeds
    edward holder is on the marrige certificate as joseph father,but i have written on some paper edward died 21stmay 1831 yet it doesnt say he is deceased on the marriage lines. i think joseph (the father) had a brother charles holder born 1831 and yet this is supposed to be when edward died.im getting so confused on this family,they were from gloucestershire.thankyou
    brenda xxx

I think the death date you have for Edward Holder has been taken from Family History Online which shows a burial for Edward on 21st May 1831, aged 40 in Owlpen.

There is a marriage on the IGI for Edward Holder to Hester Tainton on 26 August 1822, Owlpen, Gloucester.

There is a Hester Holder on the 1841 census, with son Charles aged 10 and Joseph aged 14, living in Uley, which is a few miles from Owlpen.

Could this be your family?
    Elaine

Comment

If Edward was buried 21st May 1831 then he could still have a son born anytime that same year!

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
        I think the death date you have for Edward Holder has been taken from Family History Online which shows a burial for Edward on 21st May 1831, aged 40 in Owlpen.

There is a marriage on the IGI for Edward Holder to Hester Tainton on 26 August 1822, Owlpen, Gloucester.

There is a Hester Holder on the 1841 census, with son Charles aged 10 and Joseph aged 14, living in Uley, which is a few miles from Owlpen.

Could this be your family?
        yes debbie who was on yesturday from canada we share the same ,ggratgrandfather joseph,we have been trying to make sur were on the right line i think i have found edwards father too born 1756 married to jane hook .but found hester and her birth i think was irland.brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
          If Edward was buried 21st May 1831 then he could still have a son born anytime that same year!
          merry,i think i just found his death not sure though 1841.brenda xxxbut on joseph,s marriage lines he isnt down as deceased as joseph married 1851 brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by brenmac View Post
            .... he isnt down as deceased as joseph married 1851 brenda xxx
            Unfortunately Bren, just because he wasn't listed as deceased on the marriage certificate in 1851, it doesn't mean to say he was alive!
            Elaine

Comment

they had his proffesion down but i cant read it.brenda xxx

Comment

Something is ringing a bell here with this Bren! Did we touch on this when you won the WDYTYA competition.
                Was he a shoemaker?
                Elaine

Comment

not sure ....yes just had another look.just found hester born somerset 1796 if its the same one.what a memory elaine,your a walking data brenda xxx

Comment

On the 1841 census Hester says she was born in the county of Gloucestershire.
                    Elaine

Comment

thankyou..ancestry put her as somerset?i think gloucester is right as thats were they all have come from,i have been adding on my ancestry,when will i be able to send a new gedcom?brenda xxx
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-07-08, 13:56.

Comment

As soon as Russ sorts out the latest problem Bren. We will put a thread up on the board so that everyone knows.
                        Elaine

Comment

im trying to get the middle of my holders,i have early one,s and later ones but the connection beteewn edward and futher back,i have a dairy from gloucester records office and i have the early ancesters as they were from taynton as mum said,she gave me some info so i know were right.so trying to join them up.many thanks you are gems brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                          X