help with mysterious photo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with mysterious photo please

Hello everyone- my it's been a very long time since I posted here!
    I put my research on hold due to a few family bereavments and others things, so im really rusty at the moment :o

I Hope i find everybody well.

Ive got a mysterious photo from a friend and they would like to know a little about the lady on it interms of her approx age, how old the photo is etc- unfortunately there is no info on the photo what so ever :o

It was donated to a local church in Horden Co Durham
    but no one has a clue who the lady is!

Thank's Libby

Hiya Libby, would it be possible to make the photo a bit bigger?

Comment

Resized xx

Comment

i think she is about 35 1920,s? brenda xxx

Comment

Thank's for enlarging the Photo Julie-

Ive no idea Bren lol

Ive just been informed that the person on the Photo was one of the founders of spiritualism- how true that is I don't know!

Comment

I agree with bren about the lady's age, but I would have put the photo at late Victorian, or very very early 1900's.

Comment

If you google for Spiritualism, the dates don't work very well. Perhaps she was a founder of the Spiritualist church in that area?

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks guy's- i know it's very difficult with having little info!

Comment

if you know where she lived then google her area and then churches brenda xxx

Comment

Hi, sorry I've taken so long to get back, the picture isn't the best to date, but I think it's from the late 1880's, but that is I stress " a think" but her hair and the style of her dress do look right for the period, I would have said she was about 30.

Comment

Again, thanks for your opinions

Somebody has suggested she may be one of the "Fox sisters" who were involved with the birth of the spiritulist movement- I googled "fox sisters and found the following info and photo's - does anybody see a resemblance to these sisters and the photo above? In my opinion the sisters were born too early to be the lady in above picture?

Fox's Sisters
                      Last edited by Lady Liberty; 13-07-08, 23:10.

Comment

Oh looking at there noses there does seem to be a resemblance to them , but saying that it would be the lower 2 not the top picture ;;
                        borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

The dates for the Fox sisters make them too old if the photo was taken late 1880's or later.

Comment

Working...
                          X