Pigot's Directories on Familyrelatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pigot's Directories on Familyrelatives

I had an email advising me that familyrelatives.com has now got several of Pigot's trade directories. I found my man indexed (Durham 1834) but the page image was missing! So I'll have to wait for them to add the image.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

I got that email too, Uncle John, but to be honest I'm not sure how many of those directories are not already available elsewhere - ancestry, Historical Directories, CD's free with magazines, and some you can just find by googling (I mean, people have scanned them in or transcribed them, not ones you have to buy on CD).
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Historical Directories won't work for me today.

Where do they have them on Ancestry?

Comment

Well, they don't mention the word Pigot's, so I don't know offhand if they're his or not, but hopefully this link will take you to the list of directories (and there is also the "Early UK and US Directories" database):
        Search Directories & Member Lists Records - Ancestry.co.uk
        If the link doesn't work then it is "See all databases" and then select Directories & Member Lists.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks, there are some quite interesting old directories (pre-830) in that collection.

Comment

Working...
          X