Gale Newspaper Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gale Newspaper Trial

Is anyone still able to access it. When I try to download a page I get the message, Application error, unable to open PDF content.
    Wondering if anyone else is getting the same thing.

I was using it this afternoon without any problem.
    Elaine

Comment

I've just tried Sue and it worked OK for me...
      Sue

Comment

I had this problem everytime i tried to get something. I'm trying to get in to find out how i got round the problem but i can't remember my account details arhhhh.
        Jen

Comment

Still can't remember it. I am sure though that when i was having this problem i had to go and download something from their site, then go back and get the image. Sorry this is vague off to hunt out my password and user name from where ever i have it!!!
          Jen

Comment

Well I can't work out why it won't work, it was ok a couple of days ago.

Comment

I can still access the Gale newspaper site. To log in I use my e mail address and then the login word and password they gave for the free trial.I think we all had the same password and login. Don't know if I am allowed to say what they were on here. Have used the site quite a bit and found some interesting snippets re my dead rellies.

Lesley

Comment

Yes think it was sme password for everyone I would have top go find e-mail to tell you it , but I used to have trouble getting in and had to re apply everytime
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

I have been having the same problem, but noticed that it happened immediately after I allowed a pdf update. I assumed that it was incompatible with Gale in some way.
                  Phoenix - with charred feathers
                  Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Hi Phoenix

I also did an update, but I think it was playing up before then. I hope its only a temporary glitch as am having withdrawal.

:o:o

Comment

I keep meaning to do the recent Adobe update - I think I might leave it!
                      Sue and Phoenix - if there is anything I can check for you then send me a pm.
                      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine.

Its working this morning.

Must have been a glitch at their end, hope I haven't spoken too soon.

Comment

If you have any more trouble with Acrobat Reader, you could download Foxit, which is a similar pdf reader.

Comment

It's so long since I had a look and wonder if I could now find something - really appreciate it if someone could please pm the site details etc.

Thanks

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X