Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Newspaper Archives Freebie

Passing this on in case it is useful to other researchers in matters Irish

Received this message today from IRISH NEWSPAPER ARCHIVES LTD.......

>We are delighted to announce the pre-launch of Irish Newspaper Archives'
    new platform.

In an effort to make the transition from our old system as smooth as
    possible INA would like to inform our existing subscribers that you have 1
    months complimentary access to our new site.

We also have a new address; you can access Irish Newspaper Archives new
    Digital Archive at Irish Newspaper Archives
    Last edited by KiteRunner; 06-07-08, 13:12.

Beverley

Presumably that's intended just for existing subscribers? Would they have had to pay the subscription, or is that just loosely used to mean registered names?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Are you able to access all the papers Bev? I've just tried it and can search ok, but when I click on an article to view in the Irish Independent it pops up a window saying my current subscription is only for the Connaght Tribune, the Connaght Sentinel and the Galway City Tribune.

Hmm, just logged out and in again. "My account" still tells me I only have access to the above papers, but tried the same search as before and can view the result in the Irish Independent now. :D
      Last edited by Cloggie; 06-07-08, 12:12.
      Sarah

Comment

I haven't explored it to that exent Sarah....I did notice the time range seemed to go between 1830s to quite recent

Beverley

Comment

It seems to be working fine now. It is still telling me I only have access to the 3 newspapers above, but the search works fine and I can view results from other papers.
          Thanks so much for this link! I'd never even heard of it, and have just found several death notices for OH's tree.
          Last edited by Cloggie; 06-07-08, 12:23.
          Sarah

Comment

Well it won't work for me! Every time I try, it tells me there is an error as someone else is signed in on that account! LOL!!

Comment

Looks a great site........

It wont let me on, it keeps telling me someone else is logged on in my name and to try again in 5 minutes................i will keep trying.
              Jacky

Comment

Very interesting, Bev, thanks, although I haven't found anyone. Annoyingly, all my searches for my great-grandfather Thomas Cassidy bring up a priest of the same name from the same parish.

Just in case anyone researching Irish ancestors didn't know, there are also some Irish newspapers on the Gale site.

Comment

i just tried and im not a subscriber so i couldnt accesses anything i was looking for mccartie they found the name but i had to subscribe,thankyou anyway brenda xxx

Comment

Sorry Brenda...the Mods have decided that the user name and password should be removed from the thread as they feel it was not right to post it here. I guess the folks who have got a result saw my posting before it was modified.

My apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment.

Beverley

Comment

thankyou beverly,i would be late for my own funeral lol brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                      X