Just tied up some loose ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tied up some loose ends

Last night I had another look At John Brammer bap 1774 in Grantham (so I hoped) married in Calverton and committed suicide in Nottingham as he had lost his parish relief and was going to be carted off to the workhouse.

I had found a birth in Grantham but couldn't connect it to Calverton. Last night I looked on Freereg and found his bap with address Spittlegate Grantham. He also had a brother Somomon

I then went on F H O L and found Lincolnshire Parish Apprentice Indentures for John, Solomon, James and Thomas. James and John went to Coverton Notts (Calverton I hope its just a transcript error) as FWK Solomon to St Marys Nottingham FWK.

Then googled and found Nottm Archives have a Place of Birth or Lawful settlement on him.

Lastly went on the Wiki and Sue in Southend had a photo of ST Wulfrums Church Grantham. Thank you Sue

How's that just from getting the name of the church and his address.

Well chuffed with myself.

Lin
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Lin

Yes, its very satisfying when you can join the dots, isn't it!

Well done.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

The annoying thing is I go to Lincoln archives about once a year and went last month but would love to see the actual docs so it looks like another visit is in order.

Always the case though isn't it.

Lin
      Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Yes!
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Well done, Lin. Coordinating the resources available to support a hypothesis and getting it all to hang together is really pleasing!

It encourages the rest of us!

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
          X