Canadian death records query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian death records query

I'm in touch with a lady who is trying to trace someone in Canada. It' is quite possible the person in question may have died. How easy/impossible would it be to confirm this and or how easy is it to find a living person in Canada?

I don't know any names yet, so really only want to tell the person whether it's possible.

What she knows:

She has the woman's UK birth cert (1925)
    She knows the woman's married name, or at least what it was in 1981. (I don't know if it's rare or commonplace)
    I don't know if she has an address for her, but if she does, it's probably from 1981

I'd be grateful for any ideas.

I dont know how helpful this is but there is a site which I've used for some stuff in Canada Home - Library and Archives Canada

also Projects index-1 this one

Comment

She could try this database to see if the person is listed:
      Search Canadian Phone and Address Directories, 1995-2002 - Ancestry.ca
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks very much. I will pass this on......

Comment

I would like to know the answer to this as well, Merry, if you ever find it.

My OHs ggrandmother died in Canada, we think (altho' there is an outside chance it was in the USA). I have a d.o.d handed down by family members, but no cert. and I don't know where to look to confirm it. Unfortunately, the most likely place is Quebec and they don't seem to be well endowed with online records in that province

Beverley

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
            I'm in touch with a lady who is trying to trace someone in Canada. It' is quite possible the person in question may have died. How easy/impossible would it be to confirm this and or how easy is it to find a living person in Canada?

I don't know any names yet, so really only want to tell the person whether it's possible.
            You could start here, this is a quite comprehensive site, but best have as many details as possible before you join - that will then cost less.

>CANADA PEOPLE SEARCH<

There are also some free Province archives, but you would need to know which Province she lives(d) in.
            Last edited by elba; 05-07-08, 22:33.

Comment

Thanks elba

Comment

Working...
              X