Hellllppp Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellllppp Please

This is driving me crazzzzzzzzzzy .... agreed to help friend with surprise family tree for their
    M-i-L ........... it could well turn out to be a surprise as I am well and truly stuck up a gum tree ........

I've managed to backtrack as far as VICTOR C GOULTY marrying ELIZA POPE Q4 1924 Ashby (de la) Zouch, Leicester.
    • I've found ELIZA's birth (1901 Ashby) and death (1989 Leic) but don't know who her parents were.
    • Can't find VICTOR's birth, so not sure who his parents were

Any help would be great ...........
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Youd have to buy the marriage certificate for both fathers names and occupations then hopefully track them back through the 1901. When were they born do you know?

Marriage on freebmd: £7 from GRO online.

Name: Victor C Goulty
    Year of Registration: 1924
    Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Spouse's Surname: Pope
    District: Ashby de la Zouch
    County: Derbyshire, Leicestershire
    Volume: 7a
    Page: 276
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 03-07-08, 13:11.

Comment

Cheers Heather ... as not my family don't want to start buying certs ....

Eliza born 1901 Ashby Z - no idea who parents were as born after census taken in 1901

don't know when Victor C Goulty born ... 2 possibilities;

Victor Goulty 1890 Norwich
      Charles Victor Goulty 1900 Kings Lynn

couldn't find birth entry for Victor C Goulty .............

Comment

Cant see a Victor C Goulty birth anywhere??? On the 1901, the only Victor I have found was born in Norfolk 1890 and his father has the beautiful name of Christmas Goulty. Hmm, wonder what your Vics middle name is? But why isnt he coming up on births? Not adopted into a family after a mums second marriage is he :( According to freebmd Christmas didnt get round to marrying until 1904. But he appears in the 1891 with Emma and they have a son called Christmas.
        Albert V Goulty 1
        Christmas Goulty 34
        Christmas G Goulty 6
        Emma Goulty 28
        Richard J Goulty 5

Without the certs its going to be guesswork.
        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 03-07-08, 13:26.

Comment

mmmmmmmm .... logical thinking Sherlock .......

Comment

Do you know when Victor died? I can see it probably wasn't after 1984, but if it was after 1969, then his death registration should have a dob in the index (not completely reliable always, but it might help!)

Comment

Hi Merry ... not sure when Victor died but 99% certain it was in Leicester.

I've found his wife Eliza (Pope) Goulty's death June 1989 Leicester.

Comment

The trouble is, trees can't usually be done without buying certs - yes, it might be a nice surprise for her, but if it turns out to have duff info in then not much use. Surely your friend should stump up for some certs if he / she wants it done properly?
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I agree KR .... been down many a wrong turning myself even with certs ....

Comment

I was just about to say the same thing as Kate. A marriage and two birth certs = £21. That would open the flood gates wouldn't it, regarding confirmation of parents and locating the families on the censuses?

EDIT, meant to say your friend should cough up btw
                    Rose

Comment

Death registration:

Charles Victor Goulty
                      1972 Q1
                      Leicester District
                      3a 2323
                      date of birth 4th Je (June) 1900

Comment

Possible birth

Q3 1900
                        Goulty Charles Victor King's L. 4b 305

I still think you should get the certs as the others have said.

Parents of the above one are Charles (cattle yard man 1901 and marine store dealer in 1891) and Maria on the 1901 census here:

RG13; Piece: 1840; Folio: 83; Page: 6.
                        Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 03-07-08, 15:19.

Comment

Is Victor/Charles your mother-in-law's father? (or grandfather???!!)

UPDATE: Doh, just read thread again and it's your friend's M-i-L!! lol Anyway.......

I wondered if anyone in the family would know that he was from Norfolk? Don't know if your friend could drop something into a conversation?
                          Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 03-07-08, 15:34.

Comment

woooooooooow Merry ... you have been busy .... suppose he was known as Victor and not Charles, hence name in marriage index

thanks so much - will try and back track from there ........... think it's unlikely that they'll know he was from Norfolk as the only info they gave me was their grandparents and they got their grandfather's first name wrong as well... think he must have been known by his middle name too!!

Comment

Working...
                            X