How long should I leave it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should I leave it

I order 3 certs from GRO on the 27th June, dispatch date came up as the 2nd July, 2 of the cert arrived yesterday but still no sign of the third,which I thought might come today, how long should I wait before contacting GRO?
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

I think they have an answer to that in their FAQ? I think it's disappointingly long.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine

Comment

They send them out second class now, don't they? So it should take at least two days from the despatch date, and quite probably more than that.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I ordered:
          5 certs on 18 June - Despatch date 25 June.. They arrived together in Italy on 27 JUne - pretty good I thought.

2 certs 20 June - Despatch date 26 June.. One arrived 30 June

1 cert 23 June - Despatch date 27th June.. this arrived 30 June.

So I'm one missing - ordered on 20 June. But all the others - considering it is overseas - were delivered quickly!

These certificates were posted Royal Mail... that is the first time this has happened (for me - in the last 2 years).

Comment

I ordered 5 with a despatch date of 27th June.

Two arrived early, two arrived on time, and the last arrived today.

The last one came by 2nd class post (I can't remember, but I think at least one of the others came by 1st class post as it arrived the day after it was posted).

However, the one today came with a very odd form, which I had never seen before. It was entitled Oracle Applications - Eagle v4.1 Production Live and it was a computer print-out with the pertinent details highlighted with blue highlighter pen.

The other four were all photocopies of the original register, but this 5th one was just a typewritten record of what was on the original certificate, which is a shame. (However, this was the death certificate for my 4xgt grandfather Henry Quintrell who was 88 when he died in 1841. After I ordered it, I found deep in my mum's files the certificate which she must have originally ordered back in the early 1990s, so I do have a more authentic record).

I hope that they will continue to photocopy/scan the original entries where possible.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

They say to leave it one week. If you haven't received your certificate within one week of the dispatch date, you should contact them then.
              Your missing certificate will then, of course, automatically arrive the following day, and the re-issue several days later.

I ordered 4 for dispatch 1st Jul. 2 came on the 30th, 1 yesterday and the last today.
              Last edited by Helen Smith Too; 03-07-08, 20:11.
              Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

UPDATE

Had an email this morning to say they couldn't find the birth I was looking for and when I check the deatils.....................I had put the wrong mothers name in dohh:(

Comment

ooh thats so frustrating Chrissy, did you put a reference check in then ????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    ooh thats so frustrating Chrissy, did you put a reference check in then ????????????

Pass next question lol

But did send an email back asking weather the mother was Mary White as it was my mistake putting the wrong mother details on and if possible to cancel the refund if it was, got an email back saying yes it was and cos the refund had gone though she would still send me the cert This time, so now have a cert for only £3 :D

Comment

you were lucky they usually make you re order it , hope its the right one this time.

Comment

Yes it is, its the sister of my Edward Long, so I know I have the right parents woohoo:D

Comment

Working...
                        X