can anybody read this please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anybody read this please

This is part of a letter from Dr Barnados ,I want to be sure I have read it right.
    The bit about Thomas do they mean he is Emily Muller's son ????? thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 02-07-08, 21:40.

Tried to make it a bit bigger ( clearer or not is debatable)
    Jess

Comment

Val you need to enlarge it

or maybe you could type it out word for word ?
      ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

It says half sibling Thomas is with Mother, but no, doesnt say Emily is nessesarily his mother ( i dont read it like that anyway)
        Jess

Comment

I typed this from the original post, but I didn't need to, did I!!!

The father is stated as Arthur (?) Muller and it is stated he died on 14th February 1888 from consumption at the age of 34 and the mother is named as F....y Muller (aged 39) living at 24 Cambridge Circus near Cambridge Heath station. The date of their marriage is recorded as 18th May 1878 (?) Their siblings are named as Charles Muller (21? 31?) a labourer, one child, address not given and a married sister who lives at Fishersgate near Brighton but no name given. Their half sibling is named as Thomas (3?) with mother. Mathernal grandmother is named as Mrs Mary Tyler (90????) and living at 53 (?) Barnett's Grove (?), Bethnal Green Road. A maternal uncle is named as Alfred K.....? G.....? address not known. The last known address for D...y and Rose was in 18?7 when they were living at 561 (?) Lansdowne Avenue, Montreal, Quebec and 582? Lansdowne Avenue, Montreal, Quebec respectively.

Comment

oh Merry so sorry I had realised it was too small so did it through photobucket I do apologise.
            But would you like a job ??as you are such a fast typist.

Comment

I took it that Emily was Thomas' mother because he can't be the child of the father if he was only three......but maybe I'm wrong. It's a bit confusing because the info sounds like it was written after 1907 but the details are from long before that, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                But would you like a job ??as you are such a fast typist.
                pmsl! I only use two fingers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  This is part of a letter from Dr Barnados ,I want to be sure I have read it right.
                  The bit about Thomas do they mean he is Emily Muller's son ????? thanks
                  What is the date of this info ?

It's quite confusing, but assume that it relates to Daisy and Rose (specifically) ... is that correct ?

In other words 'they' 'their' etc. would refer to Daisy and Rose .... ?:(

no that doesn't work either
                  ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

so do I but your quicker than me , and my one is a bit worn out now .
                    The girls were taken into care in November 1899 , there are a few mistakes in the dates Emily would have been 42 not 39, Adam died in Feb 1892 aged 40 they got married in May 1877
                    I have found the sister in Fishersgate thats the one who married a Noah Stanley, but am trying to find the death or anything else about the mother like a remarriage and thought if I could find a Emily with a son called Thomas born about 1896 might narrow it down .

Comment

Rachel I am hiding some info for a reason.
                      The letter is recent ,but its about records from 1899
                      It is about the girls Daisy and Rose yes , I am trying to establish whos' son Thomas was !!!

Comment

Ah - right, if the letter is referring to two other people it all makes sense and YES I read it that Thomas is with his mother (who is also the mother of the other people) and the mother is Emily Muller.

Anne

Comment

thanks Anne , I wish I could find them why could they not have had uncommon names ????????????

Comment

So where does the half sibling bit come into it then? Who was married before?

OC

Comment

Agree with Anne

Just to clarify .... the info about the family members is 1899

and the last part

"The last known address for Daisy and Rose ...... "

is the current information

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 02-07-08, 22:21. Reason: typo

Comment

Adam Muller and Emily Muller(nee)Kemp married 1877
                                Adam died in 1892
                                children Charles Elizabeth and Alexander were old enough to be left, but Rose and Daisy were taken into Dr Barnados and migrated to Canada in 1900, I have found a lot of info on them including their marriages .
                                But I cannot find their mother Emily or this boy Thomas.

Comment

So Emily may have remarried? (Sorry if you have already been down this road).

OC

Comment

Hi OC yes suppose so but being its such a common name it isnt easy I was hoping to find her with Thomas on 1901 and maybe another man as I am not sure what name to look under for her death
                                    have looked under Muller, Miller as her children seemd to call themselves that, Kemp her maiden name ,and just by putting a first name in the box , but nothing reasonably like her has appeared yet.

Comment

Have you seen this page Val ...... just a thought.

Class: RG13; Piece: 342; Folio: 177; Page: 49.

Jean
                                      Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Comment

Is this correct ?

Adam Muller c1855
                                        Emily c1860

and marriage 1876

Children :-

Charles c1878
                                        One child ... no info
                                        Thomas (half sibling) c1896

Comment

Working...
                                        X