Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRO order site. Has this happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO order site. Has this happened to you?

I just went on the GRO website. Entered my email addy and password and expected to be taken to the first page of the order screen (Do you know the GRO ref? etc etc)

Instead of that, I was taken to my Basket Summary page. This told me that I had already ordered a cert (not yet paid for!) - it was a birth for Mary Smith in 1903 in St pancras district cost £10 , est despatch date 8th July 2008.

Just for a second I wondered if I had not completed an order last time I was in the site, but I wouldn't have been ordering any cert with the above details.

I deleted the item from my basket, logged out and then back in and I wasn't taken to the basket again, so presume all is OK now.

So............any idea what's going on??

hmmmm - maybe the GRO fairies were trying to drop you a hint.
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

But I don't want any more Smiths :(

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
        But I don't want any more Smiths :(
        You can never have enough Smiths. :D:D
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

No, I have far too many already :(

Comment

I only have 7 - and all pretty distant so not really a huge concern.
            Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

I have about 200 and about another 200 where I don't know if they are my relations or not. My great-great grandmother was Mary Smith :(

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                I have about 200 and about another 200 where I don't know if they are my relations or not. My great-great grandmother was Mary Smith :(
                Oohh, Merry! Your Mary Smith didn't perchance hail from Leicestershire, did she? We might be related.......(*logging off quickly*):D

Chris

PS - I ordered two certs yesterday with no problem

Comment

'Fraid not, Chris - Oxfordshire!

Comment

Merry, could your hubby have gone on there and put it in the basket?
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Or another possibility is that you were going through the motions of ordering a dummy cert to check something on someone else's behalf, and didn't cancel it at the end?
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                        Merry, could your hubby have gone on there and put it in the basket?
                        I know he's not always to be trusted family-history-wise , but he denied all knowledge and the chances of either of us wanting a 1903 birth for a Mary Smith in Pancras are a big fat ZERO! He doesn't even have any Smiths in his tree :(

Comment

Plus neither of us would type Mary Smith as mary smith :(:D

Comment

Working...
                          X