Ancestry- how do I beat £83.40?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry- how do I beat £83.40?

What's the best price I could expect for renewing my annual subscription to Ancestry (UK)? My renewal email arrived yesterday saying they would take £83.40, but I'm sure I've seen much lower figures quoted on here.

I know this question is always cropping up, but what's the going rate at the moment, and how do I go about getting it?

Scuda
    Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

If you renew via Quidco you'll get (I think) 17 1/2% saving.
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

I just had my renewal email which said it would be £69.95 unless I said I wanted to upgrade. That's what I've paid for the last few years (can't remeber how many!)

I know you can get it cheaper by ringing them or going via various money saving sites, but I'm happy with the price I get and no extra bother :o

Anne

Comment

Try ringing and having a whinge ... I have 2 numbers (both freephone)

0800 .. 404 .. 9723

0800 .. 345 .. 7917

they renewed me in Feb at £ 55.96 .... but others managed to get it even cheaper

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll try ringing them now I have an idea of what I can try asking for.

Scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

I renewed in May....I just let it renew its self so to speak....

I got the UKI; Records collection subscription for £69.95.

However, they sent me an email a couple of days ago, saying why hadn't I renewed, & offering me 20% off, to renew at £66.72.
            Not sure whether it was a blip in their system, but next year I think I'll cancel, then hope they send me another offer.
            ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Well, I rang them up (using the first number Rachel gave), and the girl said the best she could do was 10% discount, which would make it about £75. I know that's an improvement, but I said I'd think about it and get back to them. Having saved the price of one certificate I can't decide whether to stick at that or cancel and see if I can get a 20% off offer. I don't have to do anything for a couple of weeks, so I'll think it over and decide if it's worth the gamble.

Thanks again
              Scuda

Comment

Scuda

Several people on here have found that if they fill in the renewal page, then back out just before pressing SUBMIT, they get an email offering them a discount.

Worth a try if you don't HAVE to renew immediately.

OC

Comment

Thanks OC, I'll give that a try, and use the other options as a fall-back if it doesn't work for me (which, knowing my luck, it won't!).

Scuda

Comment

Working...
                  X