Dr Crippen on ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Crippen on ancestry

I'm watching the Crippen programme on five at the minute. They're trying to prove that he didn't kill his wife and shouldn't have been hung

Out of curiosity/boredom I looked him up on ancestry and surprise surprise they've managed to mistranscribe him and his wife as Grippen

Investigators at the minute are going through records to see what happened to Cora as the DNA from the skin from the body found in his cellar is actually that of a man.
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Zoe

I can't get ch5. Has the prog finished and what conclusions did they come to?

I always had my doubts that he killed his wife so will be very interested to hear what the experts say.

OC

Comment

Aaaggh I wanted to watch that and forgot it was on.

Sounds like it was good.

Terri

Comment

Snap, Tom!
        ~ with love from Little Nell~
        Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

sorry - I lost concentration halfway through

I think the Crippen descendants in the US (his gt X nephew) are appealing to have him pardoned and his remains returned to them so he can buried with his grandparents.

there was some suggestion that his clothing (and possibly the remains) were planted by the police after he fled with Le Neve as it took them 3 searches of the house to find anything and the "cellar" was actually a room off the kitchen.

Also there was a bit about Cora Crippen being seen living with a sister in Canada and that the place her gravestone stands contains no remains - although I don't know how they knew that as they didn't do an exhumation.

I'll keep an eye out for a repeat and tape it for you if it's on.

Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Only some of the remains were found (I won't put the details on because its a bit gruesome) and these have been DNA tested aginst some descendants of Cora Crippen's sister. It was found that they definitely don't match.

They then went on to do further tests and found that the remains were male.

The bit about the grave was that whoever's remains were buried there, it wasn't Cora's.

Jackie
            Jackie

Comment

Jackie

That sounds a bit iffy - the easiest DNA test of all is to tell whether someone is male or female - you can practically do it with the naked eye, lol. Doesn't sound very efficient to me and would definitely not stand up in a court of law.

OC

Comment

Working...
              X