Derbyshire Marriage Index 1538-1837

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derbyshire Marriage Index 1538-1837

While looking for London Street Derby 1838, which i believe was in the parish of St Peter i came across this,

Derbyshire Marriage Index - Home page

the owner will do free searches for family historians

Hope it will help someone

Sylvia
    Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 01-07-08, 08:09.
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

A useful link!

Have you put it in the Wiki?

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Sorry for the delay in answering Christine, its already in the Wiki

Sylvia
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

We've just been remarking how odd it is...

We're all very proud of the Wiki and what a great resource it is - and then we forget to look in it!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Or we don`t look properly, i had looked to see if the link was there before and missed it.

Sylvia
          Sylvia

Comment

Thank you for highlighting this link. I should love to use the service offered.

Am very dim this morning Could someone, please, tell me how to send a query. I don't seem to be able enter anything on the form, nor do I see an address to send it to, if I could:o

Help gratefully received.

Carol

Comment

Sorry Carol, i have just had a good look around the site and cannot figure it out either, i was thinking of using it too

Sylvia
              Sylvia

Comment

It looks to me as if the site is not yet complete.
                What a shame, I have ancestors from Beighton in Derbyshire and would have been very keen to use the service.

:(:(
                Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Thank you, Ozzie.

Glad it wasn't me just being extra dim:D

Will return to the site from time to time, in hopes.

Carol

Comment

I have a number of resources and may be able to help with specific look ups.
                    I don't have time to do blanket searches but could look for specific marriages.
                    Cheers
                    Guy
                    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thank you for the offer Guy, will keep you in mind.

Sylvia
                      Sylvia

Comment

I have the Derbyshire Phillimore Marriages too, if anyone is interested.
                        You may find some of your names on my OPS site.

It is a shame that we can't contact Sue Brown; she seems to have covered some of the gaps in Phillimore and IGI

Comment

Thank you Penna, i have looked at your site before as i have Kerrys and Rogers from Smalley

Sylvia
                          Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                          X