Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage cert help please

Hi all

Im wanting to purchase a marriage cert online off ancestry or other.

The marriage is William Henry Cox to a Mary ellen Ratcliffe 4th qtr 1920 in Wolverhampton.

Can somebody please help me find it again as silly as it sounds i cant get it back up?

Danny
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=528974734

OND 1920, Wolverhampton

Vol 6b

Page 1430

General Register Office (GRO) - Official information on births, marriages and deaths

Mary E Ratcliffe and William H Cox

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Hey Tom

Cheers for that

Can i order it off that link you sent me?

Danny

Comment

yes, on the right click on the "order online"

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Cheers Tom

Danny

Comment

right its killing me now

I just cant seem to pull up the marriage for William H Cox and Mary E Ratcliffe in 1920 wolverhampton.

If you read this Tom can you please tell me what you put in and where to find it:o

Danny

Comment

Right i have to go to bed now as im up in the morning for work but i have now found the list of Ratcliffe's who married in 1920 but im still unsure how i can order the cert.

Danny

Comment

Gis a tick...I'll have a look.

Comment

Danny.....I found it on Ancestry Q4 1920.

What do you need?

Comment

Mary E Ratcliffe ..... Cox .... Wolverhampton

Volume 6b ... page 1430 ... Oct/Dec 1920

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 01-07-08, 06:53.
                    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

OK, Rachel.....How did you do that?????????????

I didn't bother putting the Vol and Page up because Tom had on the other thread.

Not sure if Danny just couldn't find them or what. They're not on FreeBMD.....Well I didn't find them there.

Comment

:D Hi Libby
                        Didn't see the other thread so I just followed your ref and plonked on a bit more info. in case it was useful

It's a screen shot (or rather 2 of them)

What I do is hold down 'command' and 'shift' and then type the no. 4
                        That changes the curser into ? 'cross hairs' ?
                        Then drag over the bit on the screen I want to take a pic of and the computer takes a 'shot'
                        After that there's the usual palaver of putting it into Photobucket etc.

Don't know if these instructions will work unless you have an AppleMac

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I think Danny wanted to know how to order the certificate - Tom did give you the link to the GRO site on your other thread, Danny. If I can find it then I will merge the other thread with this one so you can see it...done

When you go on the GRO site you will have to log in or register if you have not used it before and then go through the order a certificate online procedure. There might possibly be a local site for the Wolverhampton area that you can order from too - I'll have a quick look to check on that.
                          Last edited by KiteRunner; 01-07-08, 09:51.
                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                            :D Hi Libby
                            Didn't see the other thread so I just followed your ref and plonked on a bit more info. in case it was useful

It's a screen shot (or rather 2 of them)

What I do is hold down 'command' and 'shift' and then type the no. 4
                            That changes the curser into ? 'cross hairs' ?
                            Then drag over the bit on the screen I want to take a pic of and the computer takes a 'shot'
                            After that there's the usual palaver of putting it into Photobucket etc.

Don't know if these instructions will work unless you have an AppleMac

Thanks Rachel,

I REALLY need a Mac!!!!!

Comment

Libby
                              Do you not have a 'help' thingy ?
                              That should give you instructions for doing screenshots

Comment

Sorry, but if there is a local BMD site that covers Wolverhampton, I can't see it - probably best to order from the GRO online unless you want to contact Wolverhampton register office another way?

Wolverhampton
                                Civic Centre,
                                St Peters Square,
                                Wolverhampton,
                                WV1 1RU.
                                Tel:01902 554989
                                Fax: 01902 554987.

(info taken from our Wiki)
                                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Wolverhampton registrars are very helpful

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                                    OK, Rachel.....How did you do that?????????????

I didn't bother putting the Vol and Page up because Tom had on the other thread.

Not sure if Danny just couldn't find them or what. They're not on FreeBMD.....Well I didn't find them there.
                                    If you look on the coverage pages of FreeBMD (FreeBMD : Coverage Charts), you'll see that the transcriptions are only just getting towards the kind of date you were after.

Christine
                                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thankyou everyone for your help and suggestions.

I didnt have my head on last night, asoon as i tried this morning i instantly found the marriage and have now just gone through my certs and realised that i have it:o
                                      It was actually Mary Ellen's birth cert i was after and i have noe ordered it.

Danny

Comment

You'd be in good company, Danny, if you did get a duplicate certificate.

I've just ordered a couple for a friend, and I'm far more nervous that I've got everything right than when I filled in a paper slip in the old days.
                                        Phoenix - with charred feathers
                                        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Working...
                                        X