GR membership details ... a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR membership details ... a question

Is it still possible to find out the date another member joined and how many people they have in their tree ?

I always found it useful when considering making contact ... think it was Glen who told me how to do it.

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

No, I don't think you can any more, Rachel.

The best you can do is judge by their membership number when they might have joined.

Also - the numbers in a person's tree are absolutely no indication whatsoever of where they are at in their research - many people only have a very small tree on GR and keep the rest offline - I do, for one!

OC

Comment

Rachel

I do agree with OC on this. Size of tree is no indication of what the person knows. I have chopped my tree to under 100 on GR just to catch those that are really interested in my tree and not the numbers I have on there!!! All are strategically placed in each century back to 1600's. If you want info get in touch. their first email back to you will soon decide whether or not they have anything of interest. Put enough in the mail to whet the appetite without giving too much away. For example I have Height/Hight in my tree but an E mail to me from someone who put the name Hoyte in the title of his mail had me alerted immediately to the fact that this person had a lot of information, although he had only written 3 lines initially. It all depends on how well you know your tree.

Janet

Comment

Thank you both ... that's a shame

Yesterday I found one of the nieces on there and fancied doing a bit of snooping ! :D

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X