Question about GR contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about GR contacts

I know I should know by now, but I always forget! Can anybody tell me, please, if a contact has a different surname on "Sent Messages" and "My Contacts", which is their maiden name and which is their married name?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

I think it depends what they have in their profile.
    I now no longer have either my married or maiden name in my profile so I appear as Elaine ****!

Checking on the contacts I have on GR (in the contact lists) it would appear that the majority appear with their married names, rather than maiden names - although this is not always the case!
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
      I think it depends what they have in their profile.
      I now no longer have either my married or maiden name in my profile so I appear as Elaine ****!
      Ooooo Elaine that's my surname too ....
      does this mean we are related ? :D

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I changed all my details to completely fictitious ones, apart from my first name, when I realised that my place and year of birth, plus my maiden and married name, was clearly visible on GR, to anyone who wanted to poke about.

Annoying, yes, if you are trying to match maiden names. Would be a lot easier if contacts etc were identified by membership number, in my opinion.

OC

Comment

Thanks. I always find that women have one name in the "Sent Messages" list and another in the "My Contacts" list, which is very confusing. But the person I was wondering about has replied now so I can forget about it until next time!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
          X