Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I find an address on the 1901 please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I find an address on the 1901 please?

Hi Folks,

I have got a death certificate for 1908 and the informant was the daughter, which gives her address.

I know this is a long shot, because I cannot find this daughter's birth, marriage or death certificate dates. I have trawled through the Ancestry BMD for weeks, to no avail.

I was wondering if this daughter could perhaps be at the same address on the 1901, which at least would give me a tiny toe-hold. I found the address by chance on the 1871 (which is of no use to me at all!), but by 1901 the enumeration districts in Tottenham were huge!

The address on this certificate is for Louise Paxton (daughter) at 9 Henry Road, St. Anne Road, South Tottenham. Louise's mother, Rachel Pudney (yep! That lot!) is on the 1901, but cannot find her daughter for love nor money..........

Any help please would be much appreciated.

Chris

Chris, are you the lady of the Pudney/Willis scenario. If so happy memories of trying to find their marriage. Any luck.

Comment

Hi Chris

What I have done is look for some of the 1871 neighbours on 1901. They may still be in the same street

Comment

The easy way (but of course you have to pay) is to go onto the offical 1901 census site, because they have address search on there. Don't put in the "Road" part, though, because that usually stops it working!
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just checked on the 1901 site, and if you do an address search for 9 Henry and put Tottenham in as the place keyword, it comes up with a match.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by SuffolkSue View Post
            Chris, are you the lady of the Pudney/Willis scenario. If so happy memories of trying to find their marriage. Any luck.
            I am the very one, Sue! Gawd, you've got a good memory.....! I have tracked down and got three of their kiddliwinks birth certs, but still no luck with this bloomin' marriage!

Chris

Comment

Kate - I just coughed up for some credits, but sadly this bloomin' woman wasn't at that address in 1901. Back to the drawing board..........

Many thanks everyone,

Chris

Comment

Chris

Have you found a marriage yet for this daughter Louise to know if she married prior to the 1901 census?
                WendyP

Comment

I can see Rachel Pudney from 1871 onwards, but not before. Do you know anything about this daughter at all?

Comment

There's a marriage for a Louise Susannah Hewitt 4Q 1896 .... Edmonton (Tottenham is in this reg district)

Possible spouses ... Frederick James Cashmore and William Edward Paxton

suspect you've already considered it ... but thought it might be worth mentioning

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Have I come in in the middle? Why Hewitt?

I've got 1861 now.

Comment

I've got Louisa in 1861 aged 4.

Comment

No idea .... just being helpful

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Just to answer the original question, address earching any census year means finding the image from the relevant parish.

Our very own wiki has a visual guide to finding them at;
                            Finding images from a particular parish - Family Tree Forum
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                            My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                            My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Oops, sorry Rachel. I thought I'd missed something!

I can't find a birth reg for Louisa or an entry for her in 1871. I wondered if Louisa isn't her first name, but that's not helping! She's supposed to have been born in Camberwell, but that's not helping either!

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                                There's a marriage for a Louise Susannah Hewitt 4Q 1896 .... Edmonton (Tottenham is in this reg district)

Possible spouses ... Frederick James Cashmore and William Edward Paxton

There is a William Paxton living in the St. Anne area of Tottenham with wife Sarah, born 1859 Camberwell, with three young children that would fit in with the above marriage date.
                                Class: RG13; Piece: 1254; Folio: 128; Page: 33.
                                Elaine

Comment

In 1901 Rachel Pudney has a lodger called William Paxton! (that's wrong - see post 21)

In 1901 he is married to Sarah who is the same age (almost) as Louisa would be and born Camberwell.
                                  Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 29-06-08, 16:02.

Comment

Snap Elaine. That's got to be the connection, surely??

Comment

free BMD shows

Marriages Dec 1896
                                      Cashmore Frederick James
                                      Hewitt Louise Susannah
                                      >>Holmes Sarah Louise ?????
                                      >>Paxton William Edward
                                      Edmonton 3a 503
                                      Elaine

Comment

another freeBMD

Marriages Mar 1878