Gmail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail

John, If you are around I have just discovered while on holiday that I have not set my Gmail account up correctly. I have all your notes but cannot identify where I have gone wrong.
    If I go on to Windows Mail (using Vista) I can read my ISP mail plus Gmail. I cannot do this in reverse when I log onto Gmail I can only read Gmail. Where have I gone wrong please.
    I have looked at settings on both my ISP and Gmail and cannot see an option to correct this problem.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Hi Margaret, Long time no see, how you doing? :D

It doesn't sound as though you have done anything wrong.

(1) If you are on Windows Mail (using Vista) you can read both your ISP and Gmail emails. Correct, so no problems!

(2) If you logon to Gmail you can only read your Gmail emails. Correct!

(3) If you logon to your ISP you can only read your ISP emails. Correct!

(4) If you want to read your ISP emails on Gmail then you will have to logon to your ISP account. You should find an option on your ISP account that allows you to forward any emails you receive to your Gmail account.
    Warning! If you use the forward email option then take note of the following:

a) You will receive emails to your ISP account as normal. This is OK.

b) The emails you receive to your ISP account will automatically be downloaded to your Windows Mail (using Vista) as normal. This is OK.

c) Now, if you forward your ISP emails to your Gmail account then when the emails reach your Gmail account they will automatically be downloaded to your Windows Mail (using Vista) again. It may be possible to set a rule up on Gmail which stops this happening though! (i.e. If you receive any emails in your Gmail account that have been sent by your ISP account then don't download them to Windows Mail (using Vista)).

(5) If you want to read your Gmail emails on your ISP then you will have to logon to your Gmail account. Basically, see step (4) but do everything vice versa.

Hope you understand my babel! :D

Comment

John, Thank you so much you always come to my aid. I have just sent you a direct pm.
      Margaret N
      DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
      X