1841 census and Marriage search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 census and Marriage search

I've been searching for an 1841 census entry for both of these two without success - nor have I been able to find their marriage either. Can anyone help?

I would have thought the marriage was c1844 but I can't find it - nor the births for either Hannah or John.

On the LDS there's a birth for an Anna Stevens Brown in Berwick upon Tweed in 1825 but without knowing who her parents are I can't tell. Also she's been consistently called Hannah on census, childrens birth certificates and death certificate not Ann or Maria Anna b 1827 to same family.

Hannah Brown b c1825 Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland &
    John McKenzie b c1821 Kendal, Appleby, Standish, Westmoreland?
    (depending on census)

In 1851 Census they're married and living in Sunderland

John McKursey 32 born Appleby, Westmoreland (transcribed Northumberland)
    Hannah McKursey 26 born Berwick on Tweed
    Margaret McKursey 5 born Berrwick on Tweed
    Cathrine McKursey 2 born Sunderland

In 1861 Census still in Sunderland

John McKenzie 42 (mistranscribed 62) b Kendal, Westmoreland
    Hannah McKenzie 36 born Berwick upon Tweed
    Catherine 12 born Sunderland
    Hannah 10
    John 7
    Mary 4
    William 1

Any help much appreciated

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Just so you know you're not being ignored, no luck with the marriage so far.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite

I thought I'd found a marriage in Berwick in 1840 on FreeBDM where some of the wives were missing - checked on ancestry and no Hannah or other Brown was married in that quarter in Berwick. Mind you she would only have been 14 or 15 so clutching at straws there.

Wonder if they slipped across the border and had an irregular marriage!!!

Still can't understand how he came from Westmoreland and she from Berwick managed to meet up.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I don't know if you have these births:

Margaret McKenzie Berwick XXV 18 Q4 1845
        Catherine McKenzie Sunderland XXIV 399 Q2 1849

Off to look for a marriage!
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Sorry for delay in replying have been out all day

Yes Elizabeth - I have Catherine's certificate as she's direct line but may have to get Margaret's to see where they lived in Berwick.

Comment

Working...
          X