anybody else got on of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody else got on of these?

it states that my Great grandmother brought the burial plot for one pound and i know for sure 100% that there are five people in it

Louise

I have one of those, my MIL bought the plot for her mother and her sister is buried there as well.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I have a couple.

One was bought by OH's grandmother in 1940. She paid £3. for it, It says for two bodies, but we put a cremation in a couple of years ago. It says for her to "hold in perpetuity" (will have to google that).

The other one was bought by mil in 1979 to "hold for a period of 75 years" but it doesnt seem to have a body limit on it. She paid £50 for that
      Pam

Comment

in this one is my Ggrandmother her husband one son and two Gchildren and the lovely people at bereavement care service in stoke found where the grave is and sent me a letter saying who is in it and also a map so i could find the plot and to also make it easy for me to see put a notice on it , so went along to some pics(no head stone) and laid some flowers
        Louise

Comment

Reading yours Louise. It looks as though you can put as many people in you like, for ever. The mind boggles

Cant put mine on here as l havent got a scanner
          Pam

Comment

I've got one of those too, it belonged to my Grandfather and there is still space for one more person - and the cemetery people said I could have that space if I wanted it!! Definitely a 'No Deal' from me.

Comment

I have my paternal gt gran's which she purchased at the end of Dec 1920 for £1. 16s and 6 pence

For years I imagined she was planning ahead as she didn't die until 1933 ... but at last discovered that she shares the plot with her husband (died Nov 1920) and grandson (1928)

I was told that the plot next to it is empty .... but nobody knows why

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

my Ggrandmother brought this in 1918 the year her husband died she died 1947 and was second to last to use it
                Louise

Comment

I have OHs grandmas, £7 and 7 shillings in 1940........

Comment

Why so dear, I must enquire.........

Comment

I have one too.

My Grandad bought it when his little girl died in 1939. Cost 1 Pound, ten and sixpence.

It says "in perpetuity for my Grandad, his wife, his father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and first cousins"!
                      MaryMc

Londonderry - McCorkell
                      Bedfordshire - Hensman, Morris
                      Warwickshire - Docker
                      Leicestershire - Staples, Marsden

Comment

Beware those granting rights in perpetuity.
                        That can now (in some cemeteries) mean as little as 30 years.
                        Perpetuity used to mean forever but the meaning has been changed in law over time.
                        Cheers
                        Guy
                        Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

i did ask about putting a memorial on the grave there answer --only the owner of the grave can apply to have a memorial on the grave.In this case the owner has passed away.It is possible for a direct desendent to become the new owner i could assist you with this should you wish to pursue it. well i did call them about it but it would have to go through the oldest living grandchild (which would be a no no) plus it would cost to much money
                          Louise

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
                            Beware those granting rights in perpetuity.
                            That can now (in some cemeteries) mean as little as 30 years.
                            Perpetuity used to mean forever but the meaning has been changed in law over time.
                            Cheers
                            Guy

Thought there had to be a catch in it lol

Thanks Guy
                            Pam

Comment

I also have a Grant of Exclusive Right of Burialwhich was bought from Llwchwr Urban District Council for the sum of £1 in April 1947. It is granted to my grandmother and her heir and assigns? There is also a letter which states in perpetuity in respect of the grave purchased. I have the receipt for my grandfathers funeral which cost £31.8.6d. dated March 1947 and for a headstone the charge is 5s. in February 1948.

I also have another document in which my uncle's wife signs over the rights of burial on another plot, the grave of my uncle, to my aunt her sister in law for the sum of 1s. That is dated 1955. Tragically my uncle died of TB at the age of 35. He was only married for two years.

Comment

Working...
                              X