This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick gedcom question FTM

Can anyone tell me how you make a gedcom with all living people exempt from it please ,,,everytime I try I keep missing people out ;;;thanks
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Don't think you can do it Babs with a press of a button.

When you select Export - you will have to click on Export selected Individuals - and then select those you want. Easy to miss some!

What you can do is to privatise the file (FILE / PRIVATISE FILE) which will hide dates and places for living people. It wont, however, hide notes.
    Elaine

Comment

Are you intending to upload your file to another website - if so is there not a facility to hide living people when the file is uploaded?
      Elaine

Comment

Yes Elaine it was to re-put it onto GR last time I tried to hide people lost loads of wifes off etc ;;;

Comment

You can hide living relations on GR.
          On the home page, click on MY ACCOUNT - top right of page.

In the personal details section, the last item - option to hide details you have entered for individuals born in the last 120yrs with no death date, including yourself.
          Elaine

Comment

Elaine did that but it didnt do it ,,so that why wanted to privatise myself ;;;

Comment

Are you saying that you clicked the button so that the GR tree would not show details of living people and it didn't work.
              I think you will find that you will still be able to view them in your tree - but no one else will. If you want to do it and give me a name or two, I will check for you.
              Elaine

Comment

Elain solved the problem by doing ancestor tree for Kes and then deleting her from it , looks ok so far thanks very much dear ;;;

Comment

BABS, what ARE you holding in that avatar

Comment

Pmsl a dolphin ,,,,sorry big joke from holiday ,,,managed to kidnap it for the night from the dolphin pub in Lanzarote;;;lol naughty me ;;wanted to take it on tour of brittian before returning it but it was so dam heavy wonder I got it back to hotel room ;;;

Comment

Working...
                    X