Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bored enough to help with a Norfolk marriage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone bored enough to help with a Norfolk marriage??

I have Jonathan Bear and Elizabeth Baker as the parents of John, William, Ann & Jonathan (baptised between 1798 & 1806 in Beeston-next-Mileham, Norfolk).

The IGI has a submitted record of their marriage: 6 Apr 1795 in Great Fransham, Norfolk - just a couple of miles from Beeston and other relevant villages.

I've checked what I can: the gedcom on this site, familyhistoryonline, oneworldtree, NOAH,...no sign of anything. I've googled as much as I can imagine.

I wonder whether any of you have any resource that might confirm/deny the submitted IGI record? Perhaps there was also a first child born there if that was Elizabeth's home village?

Thanks for reading!
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Wulliam
    I can't help, but I do know there is a CD of pre-1837 marriages, so possibly someone on this site has access to it.

Have you tried Freereg - they have a lot of Norfolk parishes, you may be lucky.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I have the Norfolk Marriage Index but it only cover 1800 to 1837.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

The only Jonathan Bear marriage I can find in Beeston next Mileham, is to Annie KING on 2/12/1829
        Wendy

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've tried FreeREG but it doesn't cover Great Fransham yet.

Wendy's Jonathan Bear is probably the son I mentioned in my first post.

Does the BIVRI include marriages in Norfolk??
          Kind regards,
          William

Comment

I've looked on the BIVRI and found nothing William.
            Wendy

Comment

Thanks for looking Wendy!
              Kind regards,
              William

Comment

It won't be cheap, but the NRO would supply a photocopy of the relevant entry.

Or, have you checked the SoG catalogue? Someone who is a member might be prepared to look it up for you.
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Those are 2 good thoughts, Phoenix. I'll follow them up later tonight. Thanks!

Now for Murray vs Haas!
                  Kind regards,
                  William

Comment

Working...
                  X