BT Home hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT Home hub

Can I plug it into someone else's phone socket?

I know with dial up, I could take my laptop and provided there was a bt line, I could use the internet (and only I was charged)

Does that work with broadband, or is it chained to a particular phoneline?
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

i think it only works of your number you could use it on another computer but i think the person would be charged,i have bt hub brenda xxx

Comment

If the other person has a wireless network and your laptop is wireless enabled then all you need to do is get their security code to connect.

Your homehub is at your home

Comment

That's what I feared, Margaret. Cunning devils. Though I suppose I can only try, can't I?
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Don't mess it up altogether. Don't forget in the initial set up you have to put in your phone number. I can't see how it can work in someone elses house. Doesn't a telephone line have to be broadband enabled first? (for want of a better word)

Comment

Yes, I'm sure you are right, Mragaret. I thought of unclipping my wings, but clearly not this week!

Comment

Working...
            X