Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Stinson Davenport - any ideas?

Hello everyone.

I believe some people have looked into this for me before, but I thought it was worth another shot as I recently had some luck with this chaps brother! (See my blog).

Joseph Stinson Davenport was born 1 December 1844, son of John Davenport, a Registrar, and Sarah Ann (formerly Stinson).

I do not know what happened to Joseph after the 1861 census, where he is aged 16.

I do know that Joseph's siblings: Thomas Stinson Davenport, William Davenport and John Henry Davenport all married in London in the 1860s. Their sister Annie Ayre Davenport witnessed two of the marriages but she also disappears but I (and others) have searched till the death for her.

I know there was one Merry found in the past and I ordered that chaps death certificate (I do not have it with me at the moment) but I think he was a publican.

I hope someone has an idea to solve what happened to Joseph :D

1851 census: Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2084; Folio: ; Page: 17; GSU roll: 87710-87711.

1861 census: Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2271; Folio: 11; Page: 15; GSU roll: 542946

Thanks for looking...

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

nope soz,

cant see him
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I did look, but knowing I'd looked before put me off and so neither of them showed up anywhere! lol

Comment

Thanks for looking you two. I think I have accepted I will never know what happened to Annie - I have checked everything I can think of, but I have only asked about Joseph once before so I thought it was worth a try.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Tom, I too have three generations of one family who just disappeared into thin air. I must now accept the fact that they must have emigrated or it is a case of alien abduction,

Comment

Working...
          X