Am I brilliant or what?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I brilliant or what?!

Couple of work colleagues are also tracing their family trees. One of them brought in a cert today as she couldn't read it very well. It had a church she didn't recognise, and the bride on the cert didn't appear to have been registered at birth.

2nd colleague then said she had a chap in 1881 and 1901 but not 1891.

Guess what chaps?

Quick google and located church.

Thought a bit, found bride's birth reg, indexed under Spurgan instead of Spurgeon and for good measure found her with father (as named on cert) in 1881.

Then looked for chap missing from 1891. He was there, mistranscribed as Sackeld instead of Salkeld.

Must have spent all of 5 minutes doing this.

Easy this stuff, isn't it!!!!!
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

But did you find the church in the wiki too?
    Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Very impressive!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Pippa

Yes, bt couldn't find it. It's St John the Evangelist, Waterloo Road, Lambeth.

Comment

That means that the London lot will have to get clicking - lol!
          Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Comment

Lol!

Comment

*sigh*

If I get out in daylight I"ll do it on the way home from work on Sunday (can't do it in the week as it's too busy to stop and in the congestion zone)

Someone sensible will need to remind me though
              Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Nell, a few centuries back you'd have been burned as a witch!

I have established my credentials with a friend of a friend (apparently I "rock"!) because I knew about CityArk and found a baptism.

In actual fact, it's all down to belonging to these boards and picking up tips and wrinkles from here, and honing skills with awkward problems.
                Phoenix - with charred feathers
                Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

very good brenda xxx

Comment

Yes, its just a case of

if you can't find the record it must be misrecorded, what would be a likely misreading of Bloggs, oh yes, Blaggs!

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
                      Pippa

Yes, bt couldn't find it. It's St John the Evangelist, Waterloo Road, Lambeth.
                      thats cos Lambeth is under Surrey... but it still isnt there

Surrey Towns and Parishes L - Family Tree Forum
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Bet it impressed them Nell

Comment

Hehe, in that case Nell please could you find my Charles William Wrightson in 1901?!!!!!

Seriously, you must feel very good about being able to help so quickly, and I expect that they were over the moon
                          Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

First lady was very chuffed and asked how I had done it, so I told her. Just a bit of info plus deduction.

Second lady was away today, but I left copy of census page in her pigeonhole so will find out tomorrow.

BTW
                            I have lots of my own family I can't find.

Comment

Working...
                            X