is anybody going to NRH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is anybody going to NRH?

I would like to know the parents of George McKerrow c 1832 who married Isabella Williamson. I dont know the date but they had a daughter Elizabeth 1847 - 1904 who married a James Hossack in 1869 at Canongate Edinburgh.

If anybody can supply with the parents of George McKerrow it would be a great help to me
    Thank you
    Gloria

There's an Elizabeth McKerrow aged 3 in 1851 whose parents are a George and Isabella. Elizabeth was born in Edinburgh.

I don't know if that's the one, but if it is, George says he was born about 1809, rather than 1832 (ehich sounds a little late if their dau was born in 1847)

Anyway, this George says he was born at Newmills, Ayrshire abt 1809.

Comment

George married Isabella Williamson on 13th Nov 1835 at Saint Cuthberts, Edinburgh, Midlothian.

Comment

I don't know if the marriage record or his death record will be on Scotlands People (it looks like he died between 1851 and 1861), but the death cert should have his parents names on it, if they were known to the informant (Maybe that's only if he died after 1855?? Sorry, don't know much about Scottish records!)

Comment

Yes, if he died after 1855 it should.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

okay thank you. Scotlandspeople here I come..lol
            I need to make a list of all that I need to find on there

Comment

Working...
            X