GRO...Any better yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRO...Any better yet?

I have refrained from ordering any certs the last few months because of the obvious chaos resulting from their changeover to part of the passport service, however I'm wondering whether things have improved yet. How quick has everyone been getting their certs through...or is it still not worth bothering?

My last batch came through more or less on time. I ordered 5 on Saturday (21st) with an expected despatch date of 27th June.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I have ordered one this morning and expected despatch date - 27th June

Comment

I ordered 2 death certs due to be sent out on Mon 16th June. They arrived that day so it was quite a shock.

Lin
        Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I ordered one on the 18th due for despatch tomorrow & it arrived today
          Lynn

Comment

I must say most of mine have arrived sooner than the despatch date .

Comment

They are up to date with orders, but heaven help you if you have a query - still running 10 days behind with them.
              Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Thanks for the feedback all, I'll put my order in and cross fingers!

Comment

Will it make you feel any better if I tell you we are waiting 6-8 weeks for certs from Brisbane. They have to travel all of 20kms to my mailbox!!!

Comment

My sympathies Harrysmum...perhaps we are a bit spoilt here then. I'm just an impatient type, once I've ordered something I find myself endlessly watching the letter box, my heart sinks each morning when the postman puts through another bill or latest junk, but no certs! 6-8 weeks eh...think I'd have gone mad!

Comment

I ordered 5 certificates on Sat 21st June with an expected despatch date of 27th June (today) and 2 of the 5 have just arrived!
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:
                      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I ordered mine 17 June and it arrived 23 June so no complaints, in fact the last cert has sent me over the moon!!! Did wonder which would arrive first, Grandchild or Marriage cert!. Grandson arrived 21 June and certificate arrived 23 June!

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Janet View Post
                          Did wonder which would arrive first, Grandchild or Marriage cert!. Grandson arrived 21 June and certificate arrived 23 June!
                          Is this a new GRO service? :D:D
                          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I have this past two weeks ordered certificates directly from Birmingham. You can put reference checking in place on line, they only take the money if they issue a certificate. The certificates arrive next day. What a wonderful service they give. GRO should offer the same instead of keeping £3.00 back!
                            Rita

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/.../User:Nappycat

Comment

I ordered:
                              Five certs on 18 June with a dispatch date of 25 June.
                              Two on 20 June for dispatch 26 June.
                              Finally one 23 June - dispatch by 27June.

The only problem I have with GRO is the fact that letters for mainland Europe are sent via SWEDEN .... so they do tend to take between six and ten days to get to me here in italy. They always arrive, but slower than standard airmail which is usually 3 days from the UK.

Comment

Working...
                              X