delete box on microsoft outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delete box on microsoft outlook

since changing providers my emails have been going in my delete box at the side where my inbox is,i clicked to read them and deleted my delete box by mistake i now have no delete box and im losing my emails can i retreave it the delete box?brenda xxx

Hi Brenda, I believe you can open a new folder in EDIT and name it Delete

James

Comment

thankyou james how do i do it please brenda xxx

Comment

james when i click on edit the drop down box is not highlited so i cant brenda xxx

Comment

Hi Brenda, Sorry about That should have said File, Click on E.Mail when it appears, Goto File - Choose Folder- New - Enter name (Delete) and click OK.

Comment

will try thankyou brenda xxx

Comment

james i can se there is 9 emails in the box that appears when i do that i cant get them brend a xxx

Comment

HI Bren Do you now have a delete box, Have you tried clicking on one and then open

Comment

james i was messing about with the tool bar and got it back,thankyou brenda xxxhow do i stop my emails going in the delete box,i never had this problem befor i changed providers.brenda xxx

Comment

Brenda check when you have new E.mail, the addy is in your address book. that sometimes works.

If an E.mail goes into your Delete box, then check it to see if it is in your address book, it will bleep if it is already in there, then click it - move to folder, either In Box or where you want to save it too.
                    Last edited by James; 22-06-08, 23:53.

Comment

james sorry i dont understand,when i get my outlook page i click send and recieve,some emails stay but others go straight to the delete box,i have to check the delete box every time,how can i stop the ones i want to stay in my in box brenda xxx

Comment

Bren, if you click on "Tools" at the top of the Outlook Express window and select "Message Rules - Mail", are there any rules listed?
                        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

im not on exspress im on microsoft outlook brenda xxx

Comment

Oh, right. I bet it has the same thing somewhere but I don't know how you would get to it. I'm just wondering whether you have some rules set up in there which filter some of your emails into the delete box, and if you got rid of the rules it would stop doing it?

Or could it be a Spam blocker going crazy? Or would they go into a Spam folder if that was what it was?
                            KiteRunner

Comment

I tried googling for Microsoft Outlook help, but I think it would need someone who actually uses it to work out whether that could be the problem and explain how you get to it.
                              The rules I'm thinking of in OE are the ones which say things like:
                              "Apply this rule after the message arrives
                              Where the Subject line contains (whatever)
                              Move it to the (name) folder"
                              but I don't know if it is the same in Microsoft Outlook.
                              KiteRunner

Comment

At a guess, I would say that your new provider has a spam filter which is sending everything to the deleted folder that it thinks looks suspicious.
                                If you sign into your email via your ISP site rather than outlook, you should have an option settings where you can change the security settings.
                                From there you should also be able to set up a safe list.
                                Good luck! (And if you still have a problem, ring your ISP and ask them why it is happening)

Comment

kite,lyn, bt is my provider i will try and see what i can do thankyou,brenda xxx

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                                    I tried googling for Microsoft Outlook help, but I think it would need someone who actually uses it to work out whether that could be the problem and explain how you get to it.
                                    The rules I'm thinking of in OE are the ones which say things like:
                                    "Apply this rule after the message arrives
                                    Where the Subject line contains (whatever)
                                    Move it to the (name) folder"
                                    but I don't know if it is the same in Microsoft Outlook.
                                    Yes, Outlook does have the same kinds of rules. I have Outlook 2003, where they can be found by clicking on Tools and then on Organize.
                                    Then you have the option of organizing by Folders or by Colours (tabs on the left under Ways to Organize Inbox).
                                    If you click on the Using Folders tab, you can then view or edit your existing rules by clicking on Rules and Alerts, which is at the top right corner of the Ways to Organize Inbox window.
                                    Sarah

Comment

You could also check your Junk E-mail Options in Outlook.
                                      To do so, click on Actions and then on Junk E-mail and then on Junk E-mail Options.
                                      Make sure the level of junk e-mail protection is set to the level you want (I have mine set to "Low: Move the most obvious junk e-mail to the Junk-E-mail folder").

There is also an option that you can tick for "Permanently delete suspected junk e-mail instead of moving it to the Junk E-mail Folder". I don't use that option, but presumably if you had that ticked in combination with a High or Safe Lists Only setting for junk e-mail protection, a lot of messages would wind up in your Deleted Items folder instead of your Inbox. So try unticking that box if it is ticked.

Also check the settings under the Safe Senders, Safe Recipients, Blocked Senders and International tabs - you can add/remove e-mail addresses and domains as necessary.
                                      Sarah

Comment

sarah when i click action i have only 2 things appear(junkmailand junkmail adult,i can only send to these and i cant get to set anything brenda xxxi dont get options.im on xp if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                                        X