a new type of task

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new type of task

Hi all...I don`t know if this is possible, but my sister in law has asked if I can trace any family members of her uncle who was killed in the war...his name
    Cyril Crump 14552781.....ship S.S.Khedive Ismail
    father William Henry Crump
    mother Hyacinth Hilda Crump....all from Coventry
    I can only presume he married and had children...if so and they are alive , I don`t really know how to go about this...any suggestions from more experienced researchers???....allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

He was killed in 1944 at the age of 19, so he was born around 1925:

CWGC :: Casualty Details

And here's his birth:

Births Jun 1924

Surname / First name(s) / Mother / District / Vol / Page

Crump / Cyril / White / Coventry / 6d / 1248
    Last edited by Mary from Italy; 22-06-08, 20:18.

Comment

Here's his father's half of the marriage:

Marriages Sep 1917

Surname / First name(s) / Spouse / District / Vol / Page

Crump / Henry W / White / Southwark / 1d / 57

FreeBMD hasn't transcribed his mother's Christian name yet.

You can now look up his parents' births on FreeBMD and hopefully find them on the 1901 census.
      Last edited by Mary from Italy; 22-06-08, 20:19.

Comment

The CWGC site gives his age as 19, and lists his parent`s names. I would think it unlikely therefore that he was married.
        Elaine

Comment

If it's living family members you're looking for, you'll have to trawl the complete index on ancestry to look for a marriage for Cyril. However, I assume he wasn't married, otherwise the wife's name would have been on the CWGC site, not the parents' names.

Comment

Thank you girls...There`s not a lot I can do then unless Cyril had brothers/sisters who had children ....is there?...i`ll ring my sil and ask her exactly what she`s looking for...it was my brother who e-mailed me this afternoon with this request....thanks again...I`ll be back soon....allan
            Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

It looks like Cyril had a twin. I'll not post the name, but it's on FreeBMD!

Comment

It looks as though he had a twin, and a couple of other siblings.

I won't post their names here, because they may still be alive, but you can find them by entering the father's surname and mother's maiden name on FreeBMD and searching for births (this search only works after mid-1911).

Comment

Snap, Merry

Comment

okay girls...evidently my sil`s mother was Jean Crump...cyrils brother..she knows there was a Stanley Crump,,about 4 years older than Cyril and Stanley was married with kids,alas he`s now passed on...she wants to know if there were any other bros/sisters and if she has any Crump cousins who are alive...I don`t know if this is possible to do ,as we`re not supposed to put living names up...so...how do I research this for her...any ideas????
                    allan

Comment

Did you do the FreeBMD search I suggested? You'll find the siblings there.

There's one more apart from the ones you mentioned; born in Lambeth, not Coventry, but as the parents were married in Southwark the same year she was born, I would guess that she's a sibling.

Comment

Mary...I don`t know hyacinths maiden name...where did you find that...just rung brother and it was Jean( sil`s mother) who was the twin...why didn`t she tell me that...silly custard....allan

Comment

Allan, you're not paying attention. It's all on FreeBMD. Go and look at it!!

FreeBMD - Search

Comment

You can check Ancestry to see if any of them have died 1984-2007, which if they have, would give you a place to look for deaths/obits which would mention surviving family.
                            ~ with love from Little Nell~
                            Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There's only one

Fred Crump
                              Birth Date: 16 Jul 1916
                              Death Reg Month/Year: Jul 1991
                              Age at death (estimated): 75
                              Registration district: Blackburn
                              Inferred County: Lancashire
                              Volume: 40 Page: 164

so I hope he fits into your family.
                              ~ with love from Little Nell~
                              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

ok ..so I presume White was Hyacinths maiden name...been on free bmd and found the twins...with white next to the names...(not very good at this am I ..you should see my fitted wardrobes though..i`m good at that..lol)...so how do I find other siblings...presume put in Crump and White...be back soon...allan

Comment

I'll swap you a fitted wardrobe for a couple of look-ups

Comment

I would guess this lady's related to the family somehow (Cyril's grandmother?):

Name / Birth Date / Death Registration Month/Year / Death Age (est) District / Inferred County

Millicent Crump / 22 Feb 1898 / Jun 1990 / 92 / Lambeth / London

Found on Ancestry Death Index: 1984-2007:

England & Wales Birth Marriage and Death Indexes 1837-2005 - Ancestry.co.uk

Comment

arr aay Mary..don`t tell me off...i`m useles at this...i`m very very slow...but I get there in the end....found 3 and the Lambeth possibility....1917...waiting for txt off sil regarding the Lambeth possibility....allan...ADDED....Thanks mary...m*** again....looks very likely

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                        I'll swap you a fitted wardrobe for a couple of look-ups
                                        You pinched my line, Mary!

Comment

Working...
                                        X