Lincolnshire Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincolnshire Archive

Is anyone going to the Lincolnshire archive in the near future?

I am trying to find out if one of my ancestors left a will, He died before 1858 so the probate index isn't applicable.
    Apparently there is an index to wills 1700-1900 at the Lincoln archive, and I was hoping some one could take a look for me and get the wills index number so that I can order the will.

I am looking for

John Dawson d. 1818 Great Hale, Lincolnshire.

Thanks
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

If you have FMP access they do have earlier indexes there - but they aren't integrated (or complete) of course.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Vikki, we were at the Lincolnshire Archives in March. We need to go back, but nothing planned as yet.

There are indeed huge big index books there - I turned around and saw them while OH was busy trying to load a reel onto the reader, and I immediately pounced on the one for 1805 and found OH's Thomas Newton's will.

If you e-mail them they should be able to tell you if one exists.

AND
      DAWSON!!

OH's ancestor Thomas Newton married Anne Dawson, christened 1739 in Threckingham! Her parents were William and Lettision (early spelling for Lettice or Letitia).
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
        If you have FMP access they do have earlier indexes there - but they aren't integrated (or complete) of course.

Christine
        ARGH, my units expired yesterday!!!!!!:(
        Vikki -

Comment

Vikki, send me a pm. I might be able to help!
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:
          England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
          Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
            Vikki, we were at the Lincolnshire Archives in March. We need to go back, but nothing planned as yet.

There are indeed huge big index books there - I turned around and saw them while OH was busy trying to load a reel onto the reader, and I immediately pounced on the one for 1805 and found OH's Thomas Newton's will.

If you e-mail them they should be able to tell you if one exists.

AND
            DAWSON!!

OH's ancestor Thomas Newton married Anne Dawson, christened 1739 in Threckingham! Her parents were William and Lettision (early spelling for Lettice or Letitia).
            I will keep your Newton/Dawsons in mind. I have quite a few Annes who disappear from Great Hale.
            Vikki -

Comment

Just checked my files and I have already checked the FMP ones for 1818 to 1820 none coming up that look likely
              Vikki -

Comment

Vikki

You are just a couple of days late. I went last Thursday and it will probably be a while until I go again.

Lin
                Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

Oh well Lyn, its the story of my life :D
                  Vikki -

Comment

Elizabeth - clear your inbox - it won't except my reply

"ooo ooo ooo
                    Mary Goodly of Bicker was the daughter of John Dawson - off to check my copy - Mwaaa"

EDIT - checked my copy and I can't see it, maybe I am looking at the wrong documents maybe mine are the PCC. Can you email me
                    Last edited by vikki brace; 22-06-08, 15:29.
                    Vikki -

Comment

Vicky - I have deleted a few messages for you!!
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

thanks
                        Vikki -

Comment

I've just e-mailed it! I hope you get it!
                          Elizabeth
                          Research Interests:

Comment

Got it, Woo Hoo - Thank you Thank you Thank you

I owe you one
                            Vikki -

Comment

Vikki, I think we might be even! Do you remember the work you did for me on OH's Newtons in Penge and Sydenham!

I take it this was the correct one?
                              Elizabeth
                              Research Interests:

Comment

I remember the Newton search, just sorry I didn't find him for you.

It does look like the right one, just got to try and work out the reference, and order it. This should answer some questions once and for all. Thanks
                                Vikki -

Comment

Working...
                                X