births

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• births

i am trying to find brothers and sisters of my grandad ,can i find out who the parents where with out buying a birth certificate ?my grandad was
    horace dewis june q 1903 atherstone 6d 495. i have seen these as well.

sep q 1904 doris muriel dewis atherstone 6d 489
    dec q 1904 doris elizabeth dewis atherstone 6d 468
    dec q 1904 evelyn mary dewis athrestone 6d 465
    dec q 1906 arthur dewis atherstone 6d 451

In a word No, The mother maiden name was not included in the indexes until after 1911. If you knew where they were baptised you might find the mother maiden name listed in the parish records.
    Vikki -
    Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

will it tell me fathers and mothers first names,i dont know where they where baptised

Comment

I don't know how helpful Warwick RO is. this is their online site:
        Online certificate Searching and Applications - Warwickshire Web
        which appears to have the records you were asking about - but they don't give MMN on their site, either. You also need to watch out for their fee system (which is odd!).

Some local ROs can be very helpful if you contact them directly.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Both a birth cert and baptism records should give both parents names, although an illigitimate child would only give mothers name.

not knowing where/if they were baptised might be difficult. You could always wait until the 1911 census is released and check to see who the siblings and parents are or Horace
          Vikki -
          Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

I dont think those 4 can all be siblings
            Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
              I dont think those 4 can all be siblings
              I agree - but I thought that that might be where the MMN question came in.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Might find something helpful here

Warwickshire Online Parish Clerks
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i can only think they where baptised in atherstone

Comment

If you look in the wiki, under warwickshire,atherstone baps, you will see the look up exchange -Atherstone baps, they have the name Dewis mentioned
                    Jess

Comment

Working...
                    X