Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TNA promising resource (if it can be prised out!)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA promising resource (if it can be prised out!)...

Are there any transcriptions/lists for these ADM 1 items? does anyone know?

...a deposit for Certificates of Marriage provided by widows applying for pensions.
    ADM 1/5556 (1845)

* Widows' Certificates of Marriage.

ADM 1/5584 (1847)

ADM 1/5594 (1848)

ADM 1/5600 (1849)

ADM 1/5611 (1851)

ADM 1/5642 (1854)

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I don't know for a fact, Christine, but I would think it highly unlikely. I can have a look for you on one of my weekly visits. Let me know!
    The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
    Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, Ann

It wasn't that I thought I had any records amongst them that I'd want. It was just that, if there are a whole lot of original marriage certs in there, they're a fantastic extra resource for some people - but without names, you can't tell if they might be useful to your own research.

Perhaps FTF members might list the dates/names, when they get the chance, in a Wiki page or something? We'd just need to check which ones had already been done before we go, and then pick one of the dates which hadn't been done until all had been covered.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I looked at the references in the paper catalogue at Kew today. No lists, and all seemed to come under the heading "Letters and papers" - no mention of marriage certs, so not sure where you got the info from? All the refs you gave referred to Promiscuous - hopefully the name of a ship,rather than a judgment on the widows characters! Lots of Army files at Kew contain certs, but I would think it would be a lifetimes work to go through them and list them.
        The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
        Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Scope and content
          Letters from Promiscuous (ie Various) Sources
          Just goes to show! How many times would you want to try using "promiscuous" in polite conversation for such an innocuous sense?

I had thought that those refs - e.g. ADM 1/5556 (1845) - would bring up bundles which would include the certs.

Christine

Comment

Working...
          X