Emigrated Australia ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emigrated Australia ?

I have W G R b. Dec 1909, Married Jun 1931 had son, Dec 1931, then cannot find anything about them Marriage Deaths
    Could they have emigrated?

Please PM James for detail. Main surname involved is RAMSWELL
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 22-03-11, 18:03. Reason: possible living names - James not around to amend it himself

They could all be still alive!

OC

Comment

James......tell me if this link works. If not, I'll pm.

Welcome - Family Tree Forum

Comment

Sorry....didn't work.

I'll pm.

Comment

OC, I was right!! Libby found them in Australian Records

Comment

HI James

I have found two copies of passenger records which show the family travelled in 1955 and then again in 1960 to different parts of Australia

Send me a PM with your email addy if you would like copies sending.
            WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy P, Would that be an internal travel or would they have re-entered Australia?

Have send my PM addy

Comment

HI James

PM recieved and email sent and yes it was a re-enter into Australia.

If on receiveing said email you notice some of the info missing on the image just let me knwo and I ll let you know what the actual column heading read as and fill in any missing bits for you.
                WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy, if you could send the top of the 1960 one with the ship and date please etc.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi James

On its way via email
                    WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                      Hi Wendy P, Would that be an internal travel or would they have re-entered Australia?

Have send my PM addy
                      Hi, i'm Lisa Ramswell, i beleive that the Ramswell family might of have been in Austrilia as my family over here used too send parcels there. Hope this might help?

Comment

This seems like a good place for asking about an 'ancestor' from Eire who emigrated to Australia in the 1870s/80s. Any ideas as to where to start...?

Comment

Originally posted by MrStephen View Post
                          This seems like a good place for asking about an 'ancestor' from Eire who emigrated to Australia in the 1870s/80s. Any ideas as to where to start...?
                          I'd say it's asfe to put their names here if they were around in the 1870s........we'll have a look for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                            I'd say it's asfe to put their names here if they were around in the 1870s........we'll have a look for you.
                            They'd be extraordinarily long-lived if they were still alive! But we'll need some names and DoB info if we're to help directly.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks, Harry's Mum.

The gentleman in question was my Grandad's "Uncle Ned". Research shows that said Ned - aka Edward Donohoe/Donohue/Donoghue/O'Donoghue was baptised in the Church of Terryglass, near Nenagh, County Tipperary in April 1842. His parents were Michael and Ellen/Nelly (Young). His siblings were William, Michael, James, Margaret, and possibly Bridget and Ellen.

The most likely spelling of his surname is Donohue, but it could be any of the above.

He is supposed to have emigrated to Australia alone.

His final appearance in any Irish records takes place in 1869 when he acts as Godfather at his nephew's baptism. His nephews and nieces continue to be born at regular intervals up to 1884 and then again 1906-1910, and there is no mention of Ned at any of these baptisms.

Over to you - you kind, kind people!

Comment

Have you tried looking for him in the Australian newspaper records on Trove?

Christine
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There's a couple of references to variations on Edward Donohoe, but they really could be anyone!

Comment

Can't see him coming to Qld, NSW or Vic. Doesn't mean he didn't though...

Comment

I can understand how, geographically, those three places would seem less likely due to being on the 'far side' of Australia, but I would have thought that, given NSW has the most cities, perhaps it would actually have been a sensible place for people to land?

Am happy to be told why I am wrong!

Comment

Well, I found him! Found his death record in Queensland...

1922/B38250 Edward Donohue [father] Michael Donohue [mother] Ellen Young

He would have been eighty years old. Now I'm just struggling to find any other records for him. There's an Edward Donohue who marries in Q'land in 1903, but I'm fairly sure that's not him. Trove also has no article on said chap for 1922. Anyone got any other ideas where I can search...?

Comment

Working...
                                        X