X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 1841 census image, please!

Class HO107; piece 146; book 4; Civil Parish: St Austell Cornwall

Enumberation district: 16; Folio: 50; page 18; line 10

The entry is for Henry Quintrel, half-way down the second column, 89 Farmer - ?
    Also the women below him - Mary Quintrel 92. Not his wife.
    Can anyone make out what has been crossed out next to her name?

This is quite important to me as Henry is my 4xgt grandfather, born in 1754 in St Gerrans Cornwall. Mary could just be his sister - he had a sister Mary born in 1748! They certainly lived a long time for those days!
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

His says Farmer - Blind

Comment

Oh, bless! :( Now I can see it.

Thanks, Merry!
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

He died Sept aqr 1841. I'm just about to send for his death certificate. I only recently realised that his death made civil registration.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:

Comment

I was going to say "wife of/to the above person" but it could be "sister of/to the above person"
          Elaine

Comment

Her cert should give her marital status.

I can't read her crossing out......Something....to the ...something B (could even be Blind at the end of hers, or something refering to him??

Comment

I think you might be right Merry that the last word is blind

Sister to the above Blind ???
              Elaine

Comment

Oooh, that's it, Elaine!! Well done

Comment

Henry's wife Jennefer died in 1829, so I'm pretty sure it must be his sister.
                  What longevity!

Thanks Merry and Elaine for your help.

I'm still trying to find the death for Mary Quintrell (lots of spellings possible!) but BMD is very slow tonight. Surely she couldn't have carried on for much longer!
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:

Comment

Update!

FreeBMD kept timing out, so I used FMP and found the death for Mary Quintrell in Q4 1844 St Austell.

So I shall send for both certificates together, because I'm too nosy just to send for Henry's cert!
                    Elizabeth
                    Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                    X