Deed of appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deed of appointment

Does anyone please know what this refers to...... I found it on A2A and emailed London Metropolitan Archives, where it's held ..... but they wanted a ridiculous amount for a copy.

thanks for any light......
    Jean

'The Chestnuts' East Sheen

Reference: ACC/2426/9
    Copy of deed of appointment

Creation dates: 1910, 16 Mar

Scope and Content
    1. Margaret Gibson, New Hall, Staveley, Kendal, Westmoreland, spinster and William Gibson, Stainton Hall, Stainton, Westmoreland, gentleman
    2. Margaret Frances Cathie, wife of John George Cathie, 'The Chestnuts', Upper Richmond Road, East Sheen, Mortlake, Surrey
    3. John George Cathie, 'The Chestnuts Upper Richmond Road, East Sheen
    Premises: 'The Chestnuts', Upper Richmond Road, East Sheen, Mortlake, Surrey
    Plan of premises
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

As there's a plan of the premises it's presumably something to do with land.

I would guess it might be a deed appointing trustees of property.

Comment

No..the plan isn't there......but that's what i sounds like.

I was wondering what the two gibsons in Westmorland (who never married and Margaret died in 1914, they are all getting on a bit) had to do with it ...... do you think there must be some connection to the Cathies ... because I can't find one.....although the Gibsons did have family in Mortlake who were builders.....

Oh dear...... I looked at this last year ... and found them all on the census ... but can't remember what else I found ... but it wasn't a connection ... I was hoping that Margaret Cathie may have been a gibson .....

Never mind Mary and thanks ... I just wondered what it meant .... serves myself right....for not keeping a record.

jean
      Last edited by Jean and Tonic; 19-06-08, 17:59.

Comment

There'll be a plan with the original deed as it says "plan of the premises" at the end of the summary.

There must be some connection, but they won't necessarily be related to each other.

If you don't have access to the censuses, somebody will have a look for you if you post the details you have.

Comment

thanks Mary....I have ancestry .... and have gone back before 1841...into IGI but can't find anything ..... maybe I'm tired...or maybe I don't wont to start altering anything because I've just about got my book all printed ready for binding........hooray.... 10 years work.....all 200 pages of it.

I'll be starting again when the 2011 census comes out..... so I'll start gathering all the extra info when I'm finished.......for the next book ....lol.

I was just interested to know what 'Deed of appointment' meant (in plain english).... and where the Cathies tied in..... I'll sort it later.

thanks again
          Jean
          Last edited by Jean and Tonic; 20-06-08, 00:25.

Comment

Google the term "Deed of Appointment" (with the inverted commas) and there is will be lots of info... all to do with Trust Deeds and legal stuff.

Comment

Yes ...I'd already done that first Pilgrim ........ but it's as clear as mud ....lol.

From what I can gather...it's when trustees .... of something...... want to appoint a new trustee went one trustee leaves,........ that's about as clear as it gets.

Thanks anyway
              Jean

Comment

Working...
              X