Where would you look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you look?

Hi was wondering my dad came out with a snippet of information about his cousin which i never knew. He said his cousin Melanie was killed on her 18th birthday in a motorbike accident, where would i look for this? I can't find a death reference to even give me an idea of area and dad can't remember he just remembers being told.
    Jen

What year would it be (roughly)?

Comment

Does your dad know her surname and how old she was in comparison to him?

Comment

She was called Melanie Ireland and was born 31/12/1954/3 She died 31/12/1971 so i am guessing it is 1953.
        Jen

Comment

Arh just thinking, it could of been Scotland as my grandma was born in Scotland and her brother is only 3 years younger so he could of stayed in Scotland and had his family.
          Jen

Comment

There is a death for a Melanie Elizabeth Ireland in Surrey in Dec qtr 1972, but she was born 16 June 1952

Comment

How certain are those dates?

There's a death in Q4 1972 (could have been delayed from prev Dec) but the dob is 16th June 1952. That one is in Surrey.

Would you know her mum's maiden name? You could check for the birth reg.

Comment

Alternatively, although your father remembers her dying on her 18th birthday, she might not have!

Memory plays funny tricks.
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Thanks Margaret i saw that one but i don't think it is the one as dad can always remember it was on the way home/to her 18th birthday party and that one doesn't fit. Just waiting for my password to come through so i can search Scotland and see if i need to buy some credits. If i find the area it happened is there anywhere online i can view papers for Scotland do you know?
                  Jen

Comment

Thats true Nell, but grandad has done a family tree years ago and he has those dates as well. Will try and ask grandad where he got his information from i believe he did it the paper way and visiting places as it was years ago before he was ill.
                    Merry her mothers maiden name is Horne will go and have a look see if i can find a birth.
                    Jen

Comment

I can't find a birth either. I have looked 1952/53 and 54

Probably was Scotland, it's not England or Wales

Comment

Thanks Margaret i can't see it either. Will wait for my password to come back through and go and have a look.
                        Jen

Comment

Working...
                        X