Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firewalls - how do I know if I have more than one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewalls - how do I know if I have more than one?

Im still having so many problems getting on this site (why is it only this one) and I wondered if I had more than one firewall running. I know Ive not got the windows one on but I seem to remember that the motherboard had its own Nvidia one but I cant see it anywhere clearly in programs or what have you. How could I find out if two are running please (getting desperate to sort this problem out)

Hi Heather have you a programme called Belarc Advisor? that gives a list of programmes and any KB's missing also what about Add remove programmes via Control panel

Comment

I think Im going mad, Im absolutely sure I replied to this yesterday - may be it timed out on me again.

Thanks James, Ive looked at the control panel thing but there are 3 Nvidia programs and they dont say what they are so I darent fiddle with them. Ive never heard of the Belarc Advisor.

Comment

Heather,

If you look in the control panel, then security, then firewall it should tell you which one is on.
        Christine in Portugal

Comment

Thanks for that Chris it says just one is turned on - so its not that then :(

Comment

Heather just a thought but have you deleted all your files cookies temporary files and History ?? I know its a pain to delete your cookies but as long as you have them written down.
            Also do you have this site as your home page ??? I did and changed it to another, its worth trying anything.

Comment

Did the temp files and cookies Val ages ago to try to sort it. Dont have this as my home page. Im doing ok again today - it just doesnt make sense how it comes and goes.

Comment

it certainly is odd its only this site isnt it ???
                Since I uninstalled that Firefox and Zonealarm and turned off Windows Defender mine is fine touch wood.

Comment

Its only on this site Val, and now I see a lot of people are having the same problem. I wonder what on earth it can be. Perhaps its a server that is faulty somewhere. I keep getting a message like "Server was reset" when I get a time out on here.

Comment

I did see that more are having problems again, touch wood mine is fine

Comment

Working...
                    X