George Kite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Kite

Hi ----I am trying to find George H Kite born in Battersea c 1891 but every time I try to bring the 1891 or 1901 census to see if I have found the right George H Kite , there is a fault on Ancestry and it will not show the page. So can some one please look for me please. He married Annie Souter in 1911 in Fullam
    Thank you
    Sheila walking cat.gif
    I think, therefore I am. Descarte

1891 Census he is 10 months old and the son of Martha Kite aged 19 single mother of Battersea.

Can't find him in 1901.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

it might just be me, but I can't find any likely matches.

Have you got the refs you were trying to look at?
      Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

There is a marriage in 1898 in Wandsworth between Martha Hannah Kite and Henry Greenfield, they are together in 1901 but no sign of George
        Vikki -

Comment

The best fit for a birth for Martha Kite is Martha Hannah Kite b 1873 in Wandsworth District.

It looks like she married Henry R Greenfield and they are together in 1901 but no George.

Comment

Oh, snap! lol

Comment

Rats ... shan't bother to add that then !:D

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Sorry All I have is his marriage to Annie Souter in 1911 the Elders remember him but that's all + he was born in Battersea
                sheila

Comment

Do you have the marriage certificate for 1911? Does it state any fathers name / occupation?
                  Vikki -

Comment

Annies father is "unnamed " as she was born out of wedlock. and as I said I know nothing about George
                    Sheila

Comment

Sheila, when you say you know nothing about George, do you mean that it doesn't state his father's name on the marriage cert either?
                      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

So is the space for Georges father blank aswell?

I am just wondering if he named Henry Greenfield as his father.
                        Vikki -

Comment

Just looking for his birth reg and the only one I can see for a George Kite c1891 for battersea is

George William Kite
                          1890 Jul/Aug/Sep
                          Wandsworth
                          Greater London, London, Surrey
                          Vol 1d Pg 533
                          Vikki -

Comment

No I don't know anything at all about George H Kite but his Marriage to Annie who is on my tree ,her mother's name was Frances Amelia Souter , and the step daughter of my Grand father John Fuller

Comment

Sorry It is now time to feed the cat and husband and then bed
                              Good Night
                              Sheila

Comment

I think you are going to have to order the acutal marriage certificate to see if there is any mention about George's father.

Nite Nite
                                Vikki -

Comment

Originally posted by vikki brace View Post
                                  Just looking for his birth reg and the only one I can see for a George Kite c1891 for battersea is

George William Kite
                                  1890 Jul/Aug/Sep
                                  Wandsworth
                                  Greater London, London, Surrey
                                  Vol 1d Pg 533
                                  This birth reg is 100% the child of Martha Kite, as he died in WW1 (8th Jan 1915) and is on the CWGC site - middle name William, son of Martha Greenfield, formerly Kite.

But the marriage partner for Frances Amelia Souter was George H.

If we are to find out who he is, then we need the father's details and age from his marriage cert.

Comment

Oh Poop - Well with out the certificate we can't find out any more as George William Kite is obviously a red herring.......:(

oh well off to carry on looking for my Connells
                                    Vikki -

Comment

If so little is known about George Kite, is anything known about him AFTER his marriage? Are there any photos? Were there any children?

There is a possible scenario where he is illegitimate, his mother can't keep him after his marriage, he is brought up by relatives, strangers or in a home, his marriage doesn't really work and he dies in WW1.
                                      Phoenix - with charred feathers
                                      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Phoenix, I don't think we know he is illegitimate or his age, as I don't think Shelia has the marriage cert.

Comment

Working...
                                        X